SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freckles

Layout & Design feedback for Califreckles - please :)

freckles
12 years ago

Hi! Thanks in advance for any feedback. This site is a treasure trove, and I'm awed by the generosity that I see daily.

We're planning a whole-house remodel, hopefully beginning mid-2012. I'm one of those folks who was very influenced by my grandmother's kitchen, and am aiming for a vintage-inspired kitchen, but not wedded to a single era.

We are a family of 5, with school age children. I'm not much of a cook and tend to stick to simply made dishes, but do spend a lot of time in the kitchen. In lieu of an island, we've chosen to have an eat-in kitchen with a long farm table, and I envision one end of the table being used for prep and extra counter space, and to use the other end (toward the family room) for eating. We only entertain occasionally, and we're very comfortable with the idea of having guests eating in the kitchen. We like having the flexibility to add an island and move the table later, if we wanted to do that.

The cabinets will be custom made, and the lowers on the stove wall will be 30" deep. The pantry will have more shelving than I've drawn in below...basically taking full advantage of that space.

We have a spare freezer in the garage, and I'm leaning toward the Thermador 36" bottom freezer. My current fridge space is 9 cubic feet, so I think that even a 36" counter depth fridge will feel capacious.

First pass at cabinet plan - does not include visuals of glass uppers, etc

Thanks!!

Comments (7)