SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scrappy25

Post-It Label Roll Tape is the BEST helper during the renovation

scrappy25
9 years ago

I havn't seen a posting on this but wanted to let everyone know about Post-It Label Roll tape. It is sticky enough to STAY, easy to pull off without marring anything and does not leave sticky residue, and thick enough to write on with a Sharpie bleeding through.

During the renovation process I have gone through two rolls so far. I use green for electrical and yellow for the general contractor. There are other colors available also. Every night when I come home I check the progress and leave about 10-15 sticky notes with questions or suggestions. (ie
- The floor is bouncy here (outlined with the tape), please fix the source (turned out we had to shore up the joist and replace our subfloors)
- please insulate/caulk under drywall gaps on exterior wall before tiling
- paint touchup needed here
- this segment of wall needs skim coating since it is so rough
- etc.

I sometimes summarize the notes ,if there are a lot, on an email that I send to the contractor and print out to leave in a communication notebook to make sure that he has seen them all.

My contractor is very good and obliging but he only writes back one sentence emails and is slightly short on communication, He says that having these notes makes it a lot easier to figure out the issue rather than having to decipher an email or written note in a notebook. Once the issue has been checked or resolved I remove the note.

If I didn't have this I would probably use masking tape but that is not nearly as visible or removable. The post-it square paper notes are just not sticky enough for this purpose.

I have NO affiliation with Post-It Label tape, just a happy user.
HTH

Comments (7)