SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

Above fridge cabinet, 9 foot ceilings

arlosmom
16 years ago

Hi all! I'm nearing the date when I have to finalize all of my cabinet decisions, so I'm now second-guessing myself on lots of items that I've glossed over before.

I have a standard 33" Amana fridge and am building a fridge cabinet that will accommodate a 36" cabinet depth fridge to be purchased down the road a bit. To the left of the fridge will be a 12" pullout broom closet cabinet. So I have the combined space above the broom closet and the fridge to do something with. The space will be slightly over 48" wide and about 34" tall. The cabinet designer has suggested a lower two-door cabinet and an upper open space with a decorative upper lip treatment (I'm sure there's a name for the lip, but I don't know what else to call it). I guess the upper open space would be for decorative items like vases or my mother's chicken-shaped gravy boat.

The rest of my upper cabinets will go the the ceiling, with 5" crown moulding, so I think this cabinet should go to the ceiling as well, yes? It will have the same 5" crown moulding as the rest of the upper cabinets.

I've spent some time looking at the finished kitchens site, which has been useful, but I'm still uncertain. Most of the photos I found use the space as one area, not a lower and an upper area? Help!!

Anybody have suggestions or photos to share? Thank you!!!

Comments (13)