SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
netshound

I have a big problem!!!!

netshound
16 years ago

My tastes run to the expensive end of the spectrum but unfortunatley, my better half and I don't make alot of money so obviously the budget is VERY small! We are not do-it-yourselfer's and have to hire out to get jobs done around the house. We are...very slowly...as the budget allows, renevating the kitchen. We painted the cabinets from a god awful dark notty pine to a really nice cream and changed all the hardware to a brushed nickel. We put in new stainless steel appliances last year and they will be paid off in February. Now comes the backsplash on both sides of the kitchen and new counter-tops. Is it possible to find something that "looks" great without spending alot of $$$. After lurking awhile on this forum and reading about all of your projects, I feel like I'm in the minority where budget is the biggest factor. I mean, I want it to look nice but we have to be smart about how much it's going to cost us. I can't go in debt for 5years because of a kitchen!! LOL!! Anything with Granite is out of the question. We just don't make that kind of money to be able to get that. But we want something that is nice. Can you guys suggest a company or type of backsplash and counter so I can at least begin the search for something? You guys have so many great idea's on here, I figured I'd start here first. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments (17)