SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

Urgent Thanksgiving cooking question

eks6426
13 years ago

I haven't posted for awhile but I'm asking for your help now. I finished my big kitchen remodel earlier this year. Now, it's getting it's first big workout...I got selected to host the family for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, my family does a soup and salad course a couple of hours before the main meal (instead of the chip & dip, snack type items). I'm planning on making French Onion soup (never made it before so hope it works). Anyway, I'm having a hard time figuring out which bowls to use for the soup because they need to go in the broiler to melt/brown the cheese on top of the bread. I have Pfaltzgraff but I looked online and it says NO to the broiler. So, I've been looking in stores and am not finding anything. Does anyone know where I can find some bowls suitable for French Onion soup that can be broiled for a short period of time?

I'm out of time for internet ordering so looking for standard stores like Target, Bed Bath & Beyond etc. There is not a Crate & Barrel or those higher end type stores near me

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. If you know a great French Onion Soup recipe, please let me know. I tried one from Cooks Illustrated that involved carmelizing onions in the oven...got burnt onions so I'm trying again tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks!

Comments (18)