SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Sneek Peek, Cabinets being installed!

tinker_2006
12 years ago

It's been a while since I posted, no time.. as DH and I are working hard to get this house to a point we can move in! We need to get our current home on the market while it is season in Florida.

Our home is a 1937 historic house, and we are trying to maintain a vintage feel.

Cabinets are build by a wonderful local Amish family, and the quality is wonderful! I struggled with the paint color and decided on Alabaster White (they use Sherwin Williams) Their standard was "Pearly White" and my only complaint is - I think they painted them the Pearly! In the kitchen.. I'm not 100% sure, so I guess it doesn't really matter - LOL, in the laundry room (the room with the beadboard - which is painted Alabaster) I see the difference. I'm not freaking out, so that's a good thing! LOL

I do wish I made the hood a little wider, but again.. it's okay. FLJoshua will be arriving Monday (maybe Tuesday) to template and install our soapstone - so excited!

The hardware I bought - seems too small - especially with the large bank of drawers... so need to think on that! (I'll take ideas - hint, hint).

From Sunrise - work in progress

LAUNDRY ROOM

This room I really see the difference in the Alabaster and the cabinets. It is something I can live with... but slightly disappointed the cabinets are a bit warmer in tone.

Comments (33)