SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyvia_gw

breakfast bar color scheme

lyvia
13 years ago

After I go totally broke doing the downstairs showpiece kitchen, I will have to make some decisions about the upstairs breakfast bar, so I might as well get some ideas flowing. I would love to hear your ideas.

before the remodel, the space is a small bedroom, maybe 11x9, with a door in one corner through the long side. It is losing the window and gaining a door in the middle of the other long side, which will make the room a pass-through into the new computer and tv area. As you enter, the right wall is going to move to steal room for a walk in closet on the other side. The left hand wall with the door will be the kitchenette, and the next wall on the left will have the washer dryer.

So as to color - the floor is a lovely "naturally distressed" golden hardwood. The washer dryer are huge for that room, white and shoulder-tall. I could do a curtain to hide them somewhat.

The kitchenette is six and a half or seven feet. It wants a sink and a fridge, and maybe a compact dishwasher below, and then coffee, microwave/toaster oven above (but not too high.) I was thinking of a dark color scheme, because I think of it as a pass-through but with the white appliances? It wants low contrast. There will be no natural light.

Any ideas? Any pictures come to mind? Thanks for your input.

Lyvia

Comment (1)