SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

Viking Wall Oven - noisy fan on all the time?

15 years ago

I've posted this on the appliances forum, but I don't think people visit there as much as they do here.

I just had a Viking wall oven DEDO530 (Designer Series premium double oven) installed Wednesday. When I turn the oven on to bake, as soon as I turn the temperature knob there is a loud fan noise that goes on & does not go off until the oven is off. It seems to do the same thing on convection or anything else - but I did my main test on just the basic "bake."

Then before I turned around it was Thanksgiving, of course, so I have no one to call and ask if this is normal. I doubt whether anyone will be available at Viking today (Friday) eithr, but I'm hoping to hear back from the appliance store where I bought it.

To make things worse, it's not a steady fan noise, it also has a slightly irregular whistle sound. I've never had a an electric oven before - always gas, so I don't know what to expect.

The manual says that the fan will be on throughout the "clean" cycle, which leaves me to believe that if the fan is supposed to be on at all other times they'd mention it somewhere, but they don't.

Is this normal?

Comments (12)