SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldhousegal

Those with Craft-Art walnut butcher blocks- please help!

oldhousegal
12 years ago

I received my Craft-Art island top today. What I ordered was the walnut edge grain, and love the beautiful movement that walnut has. I chose to not get the rustic look since my island cabinets have a distressed look and thought the rustic was too knotty.

This is what arrived:

I called the company to let them know I thought they may have sent me a rustic top. The customer service person I spoke with said they will look at the photos I've sent them and if it's not within their parameters for black walnut they will ship out another one.

Anyone have any idea what the parameters of black walnut may be? I think it looks rustic, and the knots that are present are all in the same area. I don't mind some knots, and actually expected them, just not so big and black. These don't look quite right, yet both ends of the top are fine. It certainly doesn't look like any of the tops I've seen on their website that aren't rustic.

If you have a walnut wood top from Craft-Art, could you share photos? This is the last piece of my kitchen puzzle, and I certainly want it to be right. If I'm being too picky or just plain nuts, please let me know!

TIA

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz