SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehjoslin

Where does Schrock fall on the spectrum?

dragonfly08
12 years ago

Hello all... this is technically my first post here, though I've been lurking for a few months now! We have just moved into our new house (yesterday) and getting ready to finalize plans for our kitchen renovation. We are working with a kitchen designer and I just received our first cabinetry estimates from her, one from Schrock and the other from a local cabinet maker. The estimates aren't that far off from each other (about $2K difference which I'm sure will even out in the long run when you take into consideration installation, quality of details and leeway we'd have to make minor changes as we go along).

As you can imagine, the estimates are higher than we had anticipated (surprise!). It is currently 2/3 of our total budget, leaving us with very little room for countertop and appliances. Our KD is well aware of our budget and I will be asking her for some more options. But, she has also told me that Schrock is on what she would consider as the lower tier of cabinetry, pricewise, where we would still be getting quality work. My husband and I are curious about that? I'm pretty sure she has connections with Schrock and would probably makes a commission off of our sale. Does anyone out there working with KDs price cabinetry on their own? We are thinking that Lowes or other local cab places might do better.

We are rather inexperienced to the world renovations and have purchased this house b/c of the potential to make it ours and b/c we recently came into contact with an excellent GC. What we would like for our kitchen is to put in quality work, but not have to put in top-of-the-line cabinetry, and save enough of the budget for high-end range and appliances. This forum has been a wonderful eye-opener and source of invaluable information so far. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (15)