SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baltra_gw

Natural Cherry Cabs Scherrs/IKEA, cork floor & ?? Countertop!!!

BalTra
12 years ago

Hello Fabulous Kitchen Artists,

I'm close to starting the re-assembly of my little galley kitchen, but can't quite decide on colors.

The kitchen receives Southern light only. Open to dining room. Rowhome (interior, so no windows on W or E walls).

Will probably have slab doors/drawers for clean look and easy care, but want to tone down the modern look (thanks for the recent post and thoughts on that! I'll take great care with my hardware and pulls)

I'm using IKEA cabs + Scherr's fronts in unstained Cherry.

Cork flooring USFloor's EcoCork Roca.

Currently torn between:

Caesarstone "Buttermilk" - will this be too beige for small space?

Caesarstone "Rosemary" - so pretty, too dark for small kitchen?

Caesarstone "Pebble" - as above

Caesarstone "Misty Carrera" - wondering if the grey 'veining' is too grey for all of the shades of brown I have going? But I LOVE the look of marble and would enjoy a bright countertop.

OR

Cambria "Torquay" which has the look of marble but with a browner veining.

Right now most likely to choose between the Buttermilk and the Torquay.

What I really love are spaces that showcase unstained woods & organic stones (love both soapstone and marble). I'm a Northern CA native and love the style of Berkeley Mills, Julia Morgan, and the mish mash pacific NW elemental rough-hewn, open, clean but comfy and welcoming look. Enjoy Danish design for efficiency and beauty. Some MCM but not retro.

But having a hard time really seeing what this will ultimately look like. And no clue what color I will paint the walls!!

Oh, and I should mention that for now at least there will be no uppers - I'd like to have floating open shelves on either side of the sink / wall.

And, the dining side floors are traditional oak.

Any and all ideas greatly appreciated!

Hope to wake up to lots of ideas -- that is, if I can get sleep while reviewing options over and over and over!

Comments (6)