SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bungalowdawn

How do you clean your granite (everyday)?

bungalowdawn
15 years ago

OK, while I'm on the topic of trying to figure out how to clean all of these new (and not cheap) items in my new kitchen (see fireclay sink cleaning post), how in the heck am I supposed to clean this granite on a regular basis?! I am not a big chemical girl. Previously, on formica, I used vinegar in a spray bottle as my primary cleaner/antibacterial. But now vinegar is a no-no for the sealer on the granite.

So I got the Stonetech Revitalizer that the stone guy recommended as the "Cadillac" of cleaners and I got the Method that lots of GWers seem to like (since I'd prefer a less-toxic solution). The Stonetech seemed kind of waxy and a little stinky but did a decent job. The Method was really smelly/flowery but did a decent job (though I think the smell hung around even longer than the toxic junk).

However, neither one of these says anything about being antibacterial.

So, I wipe down the counters with a wet sponge after cooking. But what about when I'm cooking raw meat/chicken/etc. and I want to make sure the counters aren't icky still? What should I use then that's safe for the sealer, easy to apply and not killer to the humans in the house?

Seems like maybe the Stonetech or Method are more of a sometimes thing? Like every few days for sparkling up, but not the I-just-cooked-dinner and the kitchen's a mess kind of stuff, right?

Oh, and I should mention that I have Brushed Cambrian Black so it's a semi-matte type of finish.

I miss my vinegar (part of the reason I was so tempted by soapstone).

Help!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH