SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Panicked cab/pantry/appliance issue!

breezygirl
12 years ago

I need to get this cab install issue figured out today. Marble templating is scheduled for tomorrow morning so I need to cancel the appointment now if necessary to make changes.

I designed my kitchen layout with a standard-depth fridge in mind. Then, because of a mismeasurement by me, I needed to switch to a cabinet depth fridge to maintain a decent aisle. The corner pantry walls were already built when I needed to make the change.

Cab install is finishing up today. The fridge panels went in, and it hit me. The shallower fridge doesn't cover the pantry wall so now I've got about 6" of drywall showing on one side of pantry door but none on the other side!!!!

I didn't have my camera with me this afternoon, but here's a shot from last night. You can see the ovens on the right side of pantry door are flush with the door wall. Imagine the fridge the left will be recessed back against the door wall about 6".

You can see the corner before cabs here.

Here's the basic layout although some measurements changed:

I'm stuck at home with sleeping kids. DH is on his way home from business trip to talk to cabinet maker and get a better photo.

I guess this is what I get for trying to design this whole thing myself. I think this looks STUPID! Like a giant mistake. What do you think?

Comments (66)