SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westsider40

Thoughts on an under cabinet kitchen radio with CD player

westsider40
10 years ago

Ok, I know, I know. I, too, sweated every single detail of my sweet and final, forever kitchen. But that was 2 and one half years ago and it is quite lived in. Although I hate clutter, it did creep in somewhat. I have, among other stuff, a permanent pile of sudoku books!

I enjoy books on audiotape in my car and I want to continue listening to the sometimes gripping story but there is no CD player in my kitchen. None. I get fidgety and suffer withdrawal (to an extent) when I am cut off from my book. My kitchen is smallish, 18x10. Every, or most every inch, is thought out. I don't have the room for a countertop radio and I secretly lust for a hundred buck Sony under cabinet unit.

The purity of my kitchen design/vision is a ship that sailed long ago. Stuff exists, tomatoes, stack of files, you know, detritus. My custom cabinets were the way most expensive and least compromised (money wise) aspect of my k-room. Sorry to say that other than 3 bitty shots my grandson posted for me, no online photos exist.

I don't care any more about a few nail holes in a cabinet and those holes wouldn't show anyway. Can I have my radio? Would you think less of a kitchen with an undercabinet radio? I just haven't seen it featured on Houzz, lol.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County