SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsayjoan

HELP Me Renovate This 900 Yr Old Kitchen!

LindsayJoan
10 years ago

Okay, so it's not 900 years old.. But it might as well be!
So, I have this amazing apartment. In this amazing neighborhood... But I despise the kitchen. Lucky for me, this amazing apartment also came bundled with world's best landlords (SCORE) who have agreed to reno and/or allow me to reno the kitchen..... on a budget.

That old stove? It's being replaced. Along with the range hood.

So... What to do with the countertop and cupboards? They are so ugly that it hurts me to see them every day

No joke. Every day at 6am, when I stroll into the kitchen, I cringe.

I have done hours upon hours, week after week of research on the best method in resurfacing what is already here... But I am *really* stuck on the countertop.

See the way it creeps right up the wall? Yak. And parts of it are cracked or split... Is there a way to fill it, sand it, and recover it somehow?

The homeowners plan to completely gut the kitchen at some point, so it doesn't have to be a miracle solution that someone will be trying to fix another 900 years from now... But now something that will be peeling off in a week either.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

Any help is so so so gratefully appreciated!

**Please note: I have recently moved due to an unexpected breakup. So, I did not have time to budget for things like first and last, so I am working with a tight budget

** The landlord has given no limitations as to what I am and am not allowed to do.

Comments (18)