SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windycitylindy

How neat/clean/tidy is your kitchen usually?

windycitylindy
11 years ago

And, for those of you with finished or ABB kitchens, how has the new kitchen affected this? Does it tend to look pretty neat and clean with clear counters when you're not working? Or is your island covered with kids' homework while your other counters host dirty dishtowels, utility bills, and that canister of sugar you haven't yet put away?

I tend to be very neat and tidy anyway, but I kind of thought that with more than three times our old counter space (our old kitchen was tiny), we'd leave more things sitting out intentionally (like small appliances). In fact, the opposite has turned out to be true for us; we've ended up leaving even fewer things on our counters! I find that cleaning up is much easier in our new kitchen (there's space to put things away!), and we both love our counters so much that we want them to be cleared off when we're not working in there.

I love the feeling of peace and warmth that washes over me when I walk into my tidy kitchen! This feeling of peace has turned out to be an unexpected benefit to having a new kitchen for us!

If you enjoy and maintain a generally tidy kitchen, what routines help you do so? Maybe this will help some of those who are still in the planning stages.

Comments (7)