SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlealexa

Oak kitchen help - appliance color & countertops

littlealexa
15 years ago

Greetings, hope you can provide some advise. My current appliances are bisque with some black in them, oak kitchen cabinets, and light tan (looks like marble)porcelain floors. I want to do a dark countertop on the cabinets (not sure if I am gonna do granite or something else). I have slab of black marble that hubby got for the nook area. We can't afford black marble countertops. Someone at work is getting rid of their ubatuba countertop at a very very low price (not sure how it would look with the appliance selection and black marble) I am going for a vintage type kitchen (subway tile, schoolhouse light fixtures, oak cabs, eastlake hardware). This is in keeping with the arts & crafts (a touch of victorian) of the house.

The problem is I can't decide on appliances since that will play a role in the countertop we end up choosing.

I was thinking of getting an all white vintage stove. But should the d/w and frig be white or SS? Will ubatuba look ok with the white stove? I know it looks good with SS based on other pics I've seen.

My mom would be willing to give me her vintage stove which is white and the top of it is all black. But then do I get the d/w and frig white, black or SS?

Another option is get new SS or black appliances and dithc the vintage stove ;o).

I haven't been sleeping these nights just thinking about it.

Does anyone have a vintage stove? Any pics to share. Hopefully they'll inspire me.

Oh, me and DH will be doing most of the work ourselves, so it may be a while before we get finished. Your thoughts are greatly apppreciated.

Comment