SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucypwd

99% done - appliances, best and worst choices

lucypwd
15 years ago

I've been lurking on this forum for about 9 months. We have finally moved back in after a whole house remodel of 6 months. I don't have a clue how to take pictures and get them posted so I will have to wait for my 12 yo to help me post.

I've learned so much from this forum - thanks

Here are my apppliances: Miele double wall masterchef ovens, 36 "Diva induction cooktop, Miele !8"freezer 30" refrigerator, Miele excella dishwasher, Miele hood 36 DA5091, Franke orca sink in kitchen with Grohe lady lux cafe and silgranite sink in pantry KWC Domo faucet. Calcatta marble island, seafoam river wash perimeter, stacked glass subway type tiles to ceiling. Floor, quarter sawn red oak 3 1/2"boaards no stain, Cabinets, Cherry modified shaker full slab

Best last minute decision - remove upper cabs and tile the wall all the way to the ceiling - dishes and glasses in drawers.

Best appliance decision for me - induction, miele dishwasher (allright that's two)

Worst choice - DH wanted a large jacuzzi tub - the thing is huge, there is so much water on the floor afterwards it is as if you are at a water park.

Questionable choice - Miele frig/freezer instead of sub zero - it is very QUIET which was why I went with it at the last minute, but expensive and hard for me to reach to the top, (I'm short) Jury is still out on the Miele columns.

Unhappy with - where some of the light switching is located. I didn't give it enough thought before the electrical wolk through; additionally I should have written my own notes on where the switches would be located and how they operate ie 2way, 3wy, dimmer ect so I could double check before it was buttoned up.

Happy with -the big drawer set up and the pull outs for garbage and recycle.

If anyone wants feed back on the appliances let me know.

Comments (6)