SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicgeek_gw

Please say a prayer for our contractor

chicgeek
11 years ago

Our contractor Tom needs your prayers and positive thoughts. He's an awesome home remodel contractor who does superior work. He started doing our entire kitchen/Dining/Foyer/FR remodel in late July, which has included a near total tear-out of our first floor: moving walls, changing windows and doors, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, building custom cabinets, tile, etc. Ran into a few surprises along the way. He's an amazing problem solver.

He finished all the interior work 2 weeks ago and has been building our cabinets. Was scheduled to start installing them this Friday. We've been painting like crazy to get everything set for him. The job was hopefully going to be complete by the end of this month.

I received a text from him yesterday. First sentence asked how the painting was going. 2nd sentence: "no hurry, I had an accident yesterday working on the saw and just had surgery last night. There will be some delay: lost some of my fingers." He texted again to say that he'll be OK and will get us done, he has lots of friends and his brothers to help him.

We are just heartsick for him. He's a great guy who has done various projects for us over the past 20 years. He's an excellent craftsman, honest, trustworthy, someone we have no problem giving a key to the house. And here he is, texting me from the hospital!

I'm also trying to wrap my head around living without most of my first floor for additional time. We'll manage. At least we have drywall! I'm concerned about his recovery and I'm sure with his help we'll be able come up with a plan to finish this job.

Thanks for listening. Please keep Tom in your thoughts and pray that he has a smooth recovery and will be able to continue working in the future.

Comments (22)