SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kksmama

warm/cool led bulbs and tape strip - please help

kksmama
10 years ago

Honestly, I think (and my friends and family agree) that I've given this renovation more detailed thought than any "normal" person and as much or more than the average TKO GWer. I have heard, but cannot verify, that people throughout the world have lovely, functional kitchens and have never even visited this forum. And yet, for my kitchen, it seems that every decision over which I did not obsess and consult GW has been less than optimal. Light rail, toe kick height, grout, and appliance choices could've been better without additional cost if I'd spent time on them.

And now....tape light strips. I didn't realize there would be different ones until I saw that both warmer and cooler versions had been installed side by side. It is more obvious in person than these photos, and my contractor will replace the warmer ones with more of the cooler ones although he doesn't usually offer anything except the warmer ones (and doesn't know how the cool ones got here)

Now, my pendants (which I love) need the right bulbs. I think I want dimmable 100 watt (or less?) equivalent leds as cool as I can get them (they look fine in this picture, but irl are much too warm and incandescent - especially dimmed). I've read about the temperature ratings (2700k vs 3000k vs 5000k) but also read that Jakuvall said one can't rely on those as specified by manufacturers. I'd like to just order 2 from Amazon, or Costco, and not try different ones. Does anyone have an easy answer for me?

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville