SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midgetmadre

Now that we're almost done....

midgetmadre
13 years ago

So we've replaced a horrible popcorn ceiling, we've removed a soffit and old wainscoting, a lot of horrible vinyl flooring and old rugs, tacky 80's fake wood cabinets (literally, pressboard with contact paper!). We've added a lovely new SMOOTH ceiling in the entire level, 550 sq ft of amazing Brazillian Teak flooring, gorgeous SW Cachet cream paint, all new lighting, and the most amazing Black Walnut custom cabinets, which actually look like furniture! The new stainless appliances get delivered Saturday, and the Juparena Exotica granite gets templated on Tuesday. This was a complete DIY project, which we started just after labor day.

So, what's the problem? Now I can't bring myself to put all my old stuff in those cabinets! I lust over new cookware, I'm obsessed with looking at new china and glassware, I even bought all new tea towels, dishcloths and potholders because the old ones seemed so nasty to me.

Sigh. I feel better now; just writing this made me see how silly I'm being! Thanks for "listening"!

Comments (13)