SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitten_gw

We're almost finished & I'm going nuts ... I need to commiserate!

BlueKitten
12 years ago

I feel like I'm losing my mind -- or at the very least, I'm losing a ton of sleep! The uncertainty and second-guessing is giving me a huge amount of anxiety.

We're closing on our current house Aug. 5. Our new house is supposed to be done sometime during the week of Aug. 8, but we don't know for sure. Plus, there is SO MUCH that still needs to be done that it's hard to imagine that timeline being realistic. The tile, carpet, and flooring haven't been installed. They're still painting. The fireplace still needs the stone surround installed. The exterior isn't completely finished ... blah, blah, blah.

I'm stressed about couch-crashing with family for a week or more.

I'm stressed from second-guessing certain decisions we made. Did we allow enough room for storage in the master bath? Was the corner cabinet and lazy Susan in the kitchen a horrible idea? (According to the kitchen forum, yes!) The laundry room feels smaller than I imagined -- will I regret not making it bigger?

Will the cat adjust OK? Will our toddler suddenly stop sleeping through the night because of all these changes? (Please, no!)

Sigh. From those who have been there, done that ... please reassure me that everything will be FINE and that last-minute jitters are normal, ha ha!

Comments (11)