SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Question about hood height relative to pendant heights

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

We are getting a 48" Zephyr Okeanito hood and three RH Harmon pendants, 11" in diameter each. We have 9' ceilings and plan to have hood go straight up to the ceiling, not covered by any cabinetry. My cabinets go up to the ceiling (with an additional 6" crown molding at the top) I'm pretty sure the island is centered in front of the hood. It goes vertically, meaning, you would see one pendant behind the other and the last the hood.

Both pendants and hood suggest 30"-36" from the counter top. However, if we assume, we can line the pendants up straight in the center, is there a certain height for the pendants and hood that would be most visually appealing (e.g., pendants slightly higher or lower than the hood so as not to block it? Or do I just keep them all level at the bottom. My initial thought was to have the hood bottom at 36" from counter so nobody bumps their head on it. My hood had to be moved forward by ~3" to clear a beam

I was wondering if there was any design "rule"/advice vs. trial and error on my part.

Thanks!

Comments (6)