SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nwhobart

Critique my Kitchen - house just started framing

NWHobart
10 years ago

I should have come here awhile ago seeking your advice, but I've been procrastinating and now the framer has started. Please help point out any glaring mistakes to this kitchen.

Here's a little background on us: Active family of 4, kids are both under 10. New construction on 5 acres. House just started framing right now and I need to start working on rough plumbing layout, which means my cabinet/kitchen layout needs to be pretty much nailed down. Total sq ft is 3500.

Our lifestyle: We spend a lot of free time in the kitchen now, with both our kids, our guests or even just my husband and I while we talk. I want to have a really comfortable kitchen where people feel like they can make themselves at home while I am preparing food or just socializing over a bottle of wine.

This is the 2nd version of this kitchen, the first draft included an eat in area for a table, but there was a dinning room around the corner and having too many places to eat is a pet peave of mine. Formal activities or family dinning will take place in the dinning room so we enlarged the kitchen.

Not shown on this drawing is the radius that the seating side of the island top will have. I've learned from GW that that makes for better conversation flow among a group. Also, the island will be a little longer than what is shown, hoping to get 5 stools at it. Anything else look strange?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor