SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Compact Appliances dot com - just plain weird!!

Debbie Downer
13 years ago

This was my first and last experience purchasing an appliance via email. I started with a mini fridge thinking I might get other things if it worked out - no way Id EVER purchase such a large item online again. What a monumental hassle.

Long story short - since it wasn't functioning I returned it within specified time period following all instructions. It cost $55 to ship it back. Was told several times I'd be getting refund. Which as of yet I havent got. I start to wonder if I'm being strung along.

In the meantime - last Friday got some weird emails - saying my fridge was being shipped to me! Supposedly these were from Ebay but I think they might have been fake - they did not appear in my messages file in the real Ebay.

I write back saying I dont want anything shipped to me, I want my refund. Then I get messages saying I'll get my refund. Followed by more messages saying my fridge is being shipped.

A call to CompactAppliances reveals that someone ordered this second fridge this morning (Monday), or so I am told.

After suspending my credit card and freezing my paypal account and initiating an investigation (wasting many hours on phone accomplishing this) a second call to Compact Appliances informs me its their computer system that's generating these fake orders ... guy sounds believable but now Im just totally confused and my head is spinning.

He tells me that if I have an investigation filed that will hold up my refund. So I waste another 27 minutes trying to call Paypal and cancel the investigation, only I can't. Once it is in motion it has to play out.

So fine. I guess I won't get my money, at least not now.

Since the day is more or less shot, I just thought I'd waste some more time hre and see if anyone else has had experiences with Compact Appliances dot Com - good, bad, or just plain weird.

Are they an honorable co. or are they evil geniuses given to shenanigans like this to delay payment of refunds? Online reviews seem to indicate that back in 05,06, 07 they were horrible and famous for multiple orders and other such screw ups .... but I don't seem to see much of anything more current.

Maybe I'll file a chargeback request with my credit card co. - that seems to be only recourse still open to me. Missed the Ebay & Paypal dispute resolution deadlines.

And that is the lesson that I wish to impart to y'all today. At the least sign of trouble, even if you still think everythings cool and you still hope to work it out with the seller, go ahead and file your claim with Ebay & Paypal within 45 days... just in case you end up needing it... or you'll find you just won't have much recourse availabe to you at all.

Comment