SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
limom_2bts

you'll need 'visual imagination' for this

limom_2bts
13 years ago

Only because I don't have a picture. So try to picture this:

I have an open doorway immediately to the left of my stove, a 6" spacer to the right of the stove then adjacent to that (starting on the window wall) a blind corner cabinet. My KD first exclaimed "Oh no, you can't have your stove there" but it's been there, and been fine, for 25 years and my layout is such that I really can't change the footprint, just update the cabinets and such.

So of course now I want a MW over my stove so (sorry so boring) the KD is moving the stove over 3" to the right and to the left of the stove he proposes a 3"X30" base box that would need to be covered with the granite (4"?). Have you ever seen/heard of anything like this? I realize he's doing this because above the stove (on either side of the upper cab) he also has 3X30 wall boxes to anchor the MW. My DD thought it sounded really strange and might look really wacky but I'll be so disappointed if I can't have the OTR MW. We don't use the MW too often so I hate to take up counter space and it's not something you'd want to take out/put away. I guess I want to hear it'll be fine...LOL

Comments (8)