SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Quartz pricing and can it be re-used?

jterrilynn
10 years ago

Hi all, I hope you can get me on the fast track with figuring out the quartz world of countertops.
Here's the back story: My son has a seventies type slab door kitchen, the cabinets are sound so they are staying for now. This is a modest townhome where one might get away with Formica (but we do not want that). The existing Formica countertop must be replaced as the particle board subtop is nearly disintegrated completely in the area of dishwasher and also near sink. Plus, it's UGLY! Son needs to replace appliances which he plans to do in stainless and we are thinking of getting him a countertop and stainless sink.
I looked a Silestone and found a light off white color that would work with everything including the floor; it's in the "B" category on pricing. I know next to nothing of other Quartz brands like Caeserstone and Zodiac. I have heard Cambria would be out of our "B" price range. We want minimal movement in a light quartz but not "no" movement.

So, my first question is: based on the above criteria which of the above brands of quartz would we get the best bang for our buck (cheapest)? Or, depending on the grade are they all about the same in pricing?

Second question: If way way down the road son decides to get all new cabinetry and of course uses the same footprint, can the countertops be re-used?

Comments (8)