SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pdxgal_gw

How Much Do the 'Little' Things Bug You?

pdxgal
15 years ago

While I know no kitchen is probably 100% perfect, I'm curious to know how much the little things, that others probably don't notice, but you do, bug you? Are you able to let them go or do you notice and get irritated by them?

Our kitchen wasn't a DIY, but sometimes I think it looks that way. There is a list of things, some very little and others, more noticeable that bug the heck out of me. Let me make my list, I might feel better just getting it out there.

1. Hood insert wasn't inserted far enough up into custom hood so you can see the metal back side of it, especially when sitting down. I would like to get a flat piece of wood, paint it our cabinet color, hide the part of the hood that was showing and then be able to hang some sort of decorative item from it to liven up my white subway tile backsplash. A picture would help, but it's at home. Anyone ever do this?

2. One of our custom drawer fronts (big one under range) was warped slightly. Cabinet guy replaced it and said he would spray it for me since my painter was long gone. Came back not warped, but it wasn't sanded as nicely as my painter did and for some reason the white paint is a different color. I've tried to let it go because it's down low, not eye level, but really irks me!

3. Tile guy didn't use a flexible clear caulk (just the gray grout) where the backsplash meets the black counter. That one grout line is flaking off when I wipe my counters down and is dusty on my counter. Should I just use my flexible caulk over it or actually take the grout all out (just where the two meet) and then put the flexible caulk in?

4. Trim around window wasn't sanded and painted properly. I could easily sand, but I'm afraid if I hand paint it it will look different than the rest of the sprayed in the kitchen, although there is another piece of crown molding that had to be painted by hand. Grr!

Whew!!!!! Okay, I feel a smidge better. Thank you all for letting me rant. My husband is going to kill me if I don't shut up. I would love to hear any suggestions you have to fixing any of these issues. Or if you have your own problems, I'll hear those too. Misery loves company right. Thank you!

Comments (21)