SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabriellem_gw

Help/ideas building a corner sink cabinet

gabriellem
13 years ago

Hello all, I am a newbee here and am looking for some help. My kitchen remodel is VERY underway. Plumbing and gas has been moved, electric is being run today and the tile floor has been laid. Hubby and I are grouting tonight, and are very excited! We are DIY on this project for the most part and have hit a snafu. We bought all of our cabinets from someone doing a remodel and are missing only the corner 36 inch sink cabinet. I have been to 20 different kitchen places and all of them say it is not necessary to have a corner cabinet. I have already built the false front, using a spare door and the refridgerator side panel, so I know that they match perfectly to the cabinets. My question is what now? Can you share if you have built a corner sink cabinet or if you have a corner sink cabinet what it needs. I have stuck my head under every corner sink I can and have found a few things:

1. Many/most do not have back walls, I am looking right at the wallpaper or paint.

2. Many/most do not have side walls but use the cabinets next to them as the sides.

3. Some have floors if they are used for storage and some don't.

It looks to me like I need to create braces to hold the quartz countertop in the back corner but I am interested to hear anyones thoughts on what else I need.

Thank you!

Gabrielle

Comment (1)