SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_short1913316

All granite or use quartz for perimeter?

Amy Short-Jones
15 years ago

I took my mom with me to the granite yard this weekend and she opened my eyes to some that I hadn't considered - but now I'm definitely considering... yay mom! I had wanted a light cream colored granite but have had a huge amount of difficulty finding it and when I did the slabs were poor quality unresined with some pitting. Anyway, we discovered a slab called Juparana Espresso and the guy said it was the first time he's had it in. It has dark brown, black, cream and some rust along with bits of other colors. They have two slabs of it so I could do the whole kitchen in it. I am still sort of holding onto the idea of light counters though and I'm wondering what you all think about a light colored quartz like Silestone with a very tight pattern on my perimeter to contrast with the larger more movementy island? I got samples of capri limestone (pictured next to the granite along with a cream subway tile I'm considering) or the color called bamboo. All my cabinets are the same light maple including the island.

What do you folks think? If I go with this granite either for the island only or for the whole kitchen can I still go with the nickel hardware I've been eyeing? I'm terrible at this!! Thanks for your help, I'm driving myself crazy:)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz