SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittu

Help. Where should the sink go in the island?

Britt
13 years ago

So my husband through me a curve ball yesterday when he asked that we overhang the end of the long island by 10" so that there's seating on two sides. I'd planned to put the extra sink there but can't really do that if there's an overhang.

First, about my island sink. It's not really there for prep. We're doing a stages sink so my cutting and prep will be done at the main sink. The extra sink is for hand washing, cleaning the island, entertainment as an ice bucket and a secondary prep area if needed.

If I put the prep sink at the other end of the island then it's very close to the main sink. it also means people using it are in my work area. But I suppose it could mean that I can use it for pot filling and straining I just have to turn around to use it.

Also, if I put it at the range top end should I orient it from the range side or the sink side? or put a round sink on the corner for accessing on either side?

I could go without a prep sink entirely - maybe get a 45" stages instead of a 33" and put two faucets on it like they have on the kohler site.

Help! GC and cabinet maker are both coming this afternoon for my final decisions. Sigh!!!

Britt

Comments (2)