SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wolfgang80_gw

Drawer Stack Configuration Help

wolfgang80
11 years ago

We're trying to finalize our drawer configuration for the two drawer stacks in our small kitchen and would like your advice. These drawers represent our only concealed storage in the kitchen--we will have open shelving in place of upper cabs. Later, when funds permit, we'll have an island. The construction will be frameless.

We like to cook and make most of our food at home. That being said, we don't own a lot of cookware--two cast iron frying pans, 2 ss frying pans, dutch oven, stock pot, and two sauce pans. We're not bakers except for biscuits and muffins, which don't require extensive equipment. Our cooking utensil flock is also very limited. We have a separate pantry for food items and stuff that we don't want on display. Since we use the stock pot and dutch oven the least, we can store those out of the kitchen if need be.

We have a carpenter to build us the cabinets but we are not looking to him for any design suggestions. I had just assumed that we'd do a 3 stack with two deep lowers and a shallow utensil drawer up top. Without giving it much thought, it seemed like having deep drawers would give us more flexibility but now I'm thinking that possibly having 4 drawers--3 shallow and 1 deep--would be better since stacking stuff in 12" drawers could get annoying.

One more thing--the lower cabs will be 30" deep with 27" Tandem full extension slides and we're also getting toekick drawers.

What configuration would you recommend?

Also, I notice configurations all add up to 30". Our countertops are 2cm with no built-up edge. I assume our toekick will be 4". That's 34.75 inches. Our marble guy said that we don't need a substrate due to the small size of the marble pieces. Does that mean that we have another 1.25 inches to play with? Thanks for your help.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!