SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbpag

Questions for PPS7

mpagmom (SW Ohio)
12 years ago

I really like your kitchen, and I have some questions that my diligent googling has not been able to answer. You just posted a response about topless kitchens, so I thought you might be around to answer these. Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

1. The windows in my plan look very similar to yours, which is great because yours are beautiful! I initially pictured 3 equal windows, but I've been outvoted by everyone else who thinks the middle one should be a bit bigger. We will also have casements without grills, so yours are the most similar I've seen to what ours will be. What are the dimensions of your windows? Ours will be 2'4", 3'4", and 2'4" wide and 5 feet tall.

2. What is your beautiful countertop? It looks like they were replaced after the rounded-corner incident. Did you replace them with the same stone?

3. I've also looked at those stools from C&B (along with every other metal stool on the internet). Are you finding them comfortable? Is that the smaller size? Do you miss having a back? I'm thinking backless too so I can tuck them all the way under.

4. What is your island overhang?

5. Your layout is similar to mine except my refrigerator is on the same wall as the range. I'm trying to figure out where to put my drinking glasses since it is a bit of a hike from the dishwasher to the refrigerator. Do you put them close to the dishwasher, close to the refrigerator, or in between? How is that working out for you?

6. I think you mentioned in a post you live in the midwest. I do, too, and I'm fighting with myself over the painted cabinets I love and the more practical stained cabinets everyone else in the state of Ohio has. How are the painted cabinets working out for you? Has anyone tried to boot you out of the midwest over it?

Thanks for any help you can give me, and thanks for sharing your kitchen!

Comment (1)