SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

Insinkerator vs. Quick and Hot from Costco

grannysmith18
15 years ago

I want to get an instant hot (filtered) water faucet for the sink, and something that will give me filtered cool water (for taste) so I can get rid of the Britta jug I now use. The Insinkerator 1100 (plus the heating tank) seems exactly right, if I'm reading the literature correctly.

However, for what sems like about the same price, Costco online sells a Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Dispenser & Cool water Inline water chiller. It seems like just about the same thing, except that the Quick & Hot also chills the water, which means another tank under the sink, and something I just don't need. Cold tap temperature water is enough for me if I can get it filtered.

Another difference is that ISE claims to get the water to 200 degrees - Quick & Hot claims 190 degrees. Is this difference real, or in any way meaningful? of course I would like the water to get as hot as possible

So here's my dilemma. Are these realy pretty much the same thing except for the chilling feature? Can I use the Quick & Hot to filter the cold tap water but shut off the chiller?

It seems like the ISE is what I'm looking for, except that I'm a HUGE Costco fan (love their return policy, and just about everything else), and if I can buy something I need from them I'd prefer that.

Any insight and experience would be very much appreciated.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida