SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_granitehelp

Honed black galaxi problems

sue_granitehelp
13 years ago

I know this has been asked and answered But I still need some help. After an extensive search for a slate counter top I settled for honed black granite. The owner of the quarry guaranteed me he would seal it before delivery and it would not leave any discolorations. That did not happen, the installers just wiped it down with a sealer and when epoxy was used for the sink glue residue & finger prints set in as well as every splash of water after the faucet was connected.

I called the dealer/quarry the next day and he said he would take care of it. 1 week later everything was leaving stains even when I wiped it immediately, splatter from the stove just spread with each wipe. I called again and told him he needed to send someone over to remove the stains and reseal it properly. His response was well it's stone it's going to do that?????? but he would sell me a sealing kit!!!!I responded what good is that if it's stained. he said use bleach, That didn't work either. I tried using a very fine sand paper some of the lighter discolorations are coming off but so is the sealer creating more of a problem. Help! this guy lied to me and now I'm stuck with a top that is getting worse by the day,is there something wrong with this stone? What can I use to remove the glue stains & food splatter, water marked do come up if I repeated scrub them but that's all day every day???????

Comments (4)