SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Too much TV-- NOF Kitchen! and sexy bikers...

plllog
13 years ago

Did any of you see No Ordinary Family (ABC)? I swear I've seen that kitchen before. It's huge, a little strange, and has aisles wide enough to drive a camera dolly throug...oh, yeah. Troy Patterson at The Slate says Meet the Powells, a family of four living handsomely in southern California. Their kitchen is vast even by the standard of network television, where the center island in the average home is large enough to rate, geographically, as a cay. Like most every set here, it is drenched in a white-gold light glow so intense as to wash out the dramatic tone and so constant that I briefly thought mom and dad were pouring red wine for breakfast.

Considering the discussions about kitchen for the house dollar, I think this is really funny! Even the mid-seven to low eight figures houses in the area have pretty small kitchens unless they've knocked rooms together.

On a totally different note, about another fictional California TV family, I'm wondering if the writers have a feminine idea of what makes a man manly, or if it's a fantasy sequence, or if outlaw bikers (unlike many a blander man I know, with other redeeming qualities but not this) really do see a woman doing a task, anticipate what they can do to help, and ask her if they should. The gang's enforcer sees the young woman packing boxes and asks if they're going downstairs. Given the affirmative he and the young man start carrying them.

Only on TV? Or do your guys do that? I'm used to the ones who will do as they're asked but would never notice the task waiting and figure out that they're supposed to do it. Most women I know wouldn't either unless they started by thinking they should help and thought far enough to figure out what needs doing before they asked, "What should I do?" But man, oh man, these guys on SOA have swagger and machismo enough to float a boat, but the sexiest thing I've seen yet on that show was that guy asking if he should carry down the boxes!

Comments (25)