SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

Island template

badgergal
12 years ago

A couple months ago we finalized the plans for our kitchen remodel but it was hard to visualize going from a u-shaped kitchen to a more open kitchen with an irregular shaped island. My husband came up with a great idea. He took the plans to our stone fabricator and asked them if they could print a full size template for us. The readily agreed to do it and even offered to make it in wood. We just had them print it on paper which we then mounted on some cardboard. The island is about 7' long and it is 2' wide at the narrowest point and about 5' at the wider end.

With this template we were able get a better idea of how it would look and fit into our space before we tore the kitchen apart. Now that we have gutted the kitchen we could position the template exactly were we wanted the island. We mocked up some pendents and hung them above the template so we could see were the lights should be positioned. The electrician loved it and said it really made his job easier. The cabinet maker loved it too as did the contractor.

I just thought some of you other garden webers might like to know that you fabricator might be able to do this for you. Ours did not charge us for the full size paper template but he would have charged a small fee to make it out of wood.

Here is a picture of the template on my floor.

Here is a picture of the pendents I made in the approximate size of the ones I have on order

Comments (3)