SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mugapoodle

Kitchen Flooring

Mugapoodle
12 years ago

I have finally made progress on my kitchen remodel but am stuck on choosing a floor. It's not the color but the type. I am looking for an easy care, easy on the joints, water repellent floor. Ceramic/stone tile is completely out because it is too hard on these old bones. I don't like laminate (like Pergo) and it is not a good choice for the water spills which happen in my household too often. I like sheet linoleum but one flooring guy said that the floor has to be absolutely level or it will show every bump or ridge. Is this really true? So here are the choices left: 1. Hardwood or bamboo -- hardly water repellent but nice looking,natural and easy on the legs. 2. The "click" type of floating linoleum but I have heard very mixed reviews. If you have Forbo "click", do you like it? How does it respond to spills? 3. Vinyl ceramic tile, but again I have seen mixed reviews. If you have this product, do you like it? 3. Cork, but I heard it fades with sunlight and yet again, mixed reviews. 4. Sheet vinyl -- but will it show the curves in my uneven floor? I am going nuts. Advice? Suggestions?

Comments (19)