SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simbasue

Nine Month HD Granite Nightmare

simbasue
10 years ago

I never associated the term Buyer Beware with Home Depot until now and wanted to post photos of my granite so that others can make a more informed decision than I made. Simply put, I have been locked in a nine month nightmare with their fabricators. During most of this time, Home Depot has left it to me to resolve my own issues with the fabricators scheduling gal. The bottom line is all of this, is that Home Depot has finally agreed to refund my money and collect the countertops. On September 3rd, it will be nine months since I purchased my stone.

The seam speaks for itself. What you can not easily see in the photo is that they chipped the bottom section of the eased edged on both sides of the seam--about a half inch each side. They dimpled face of the edge when they tried to hide the repair.

After 8 weeks of waiting, they came back with the identical pieces in the identical condition and tried to install them again.

They cracked the pantry slab in front of the sink and tried to hide it with some kind of gunk that I could scrub off with a kitchen sponge. I selected Leathered finish and the fabricators ground the texture completely off.

The overhang on the end run of the cabinets was 1.5 when I specified 3/4 of an inch. They forgot take the rim of my undermount sink into account and had to cut into the front edge of my vanity with a Sawsall. The bathroom vanity was installed off square.

Every thing was damaged or wrong. Since I am only allowed to upload one photo, I will include the others in subsequent posts.

Comments (31)