SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

No 48" wide drawers for under rangetop? Are rollouts fine?

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

Hi! We are putting in a 48"? stove top (6 burners + griddle). A number of you responded to my post about where to put pots and pans. While I thought I would go with drawers and just put them right below, the Rutt person just told me they don't make 48" drawers any more. They had too many problems with sagging. Is this a huge dilemma? I'm pretty sure that the other brand I got a quote from had the 48" drawers. She said she had put in rollouts in the cabinets which could serve the same purpose (granted, I liked the look of the wide drawers vs cabinet slightly better). Also, the cabinets require you to open them and then pullout (but we usually pick our pots/pans out in advance anyway.) Then shorter stacked drawers would be on both sides of the rangetop.

Then I think she said they could put in four 12" wide drawers to get to the 48" if I really wanted drawers. I was on cell phone so didn't have much time to chat. 4 drawers seemed like it was too broken up for my tastes

I asked what the largest drawer size was and I think she thought 40" or so. I guess it would be just wasted space to have the 4" on each side or they could be those vertical drawers but not sure what I would put in them as people reported problems with spices vertically near the rangetop (or was it just the range?) She had said Rutt Regency was custom but it now isn't sounding custom to me

Please advise as we were going to sign the contract late tomorrow afternoon and tell the the other brandpeople they didn't get the job. We really like this kitchen designer and much of her design but I just want to make sure I'm not sacrificing anything with our cabinets.

Thank you!

This post was edited by CT_Newbie on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 23:07

Comments (11)