SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

PICs: Madie, Kara, Carmela, Hannah & Riley Crystal Lamps Compared

susanlynn2012
16 years ago

I am posting this link also as a new post (posted it as I think #110 on the Satin Brass Vs. Crystal Lamp Comparision Post) so I can get opinions from those that do not realize I added a link with more pictures to help me decide which two table lamps to go with or look for a crystal table lamp that is a little shorter about 25' high at the most for the left bigger bedside table.

These lamps were bought at a local luxury department store called Fortunoff that had a major 65% off sale so they are easy to return.

I may have to but I just hate to order online and have to return a lamp since I did find a few lamps that I will post links to also that are about 25' tall for the bigger Junior Chest.

I should post that link since free shipping ends in less than one hour and I like the lamp but the sales lady on the telephone could not tell me if the 25" high Empire Crystal Lamp at Horchow included the crystal ball on top which it may not so it may be 25.5" high which is only .75" smaller than the Madie lamp that costs less and I have it on me now.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I love the crystal look! I also love my new Ebay Silk Flowers.

Madie & Kara & Carmela & Hannah & Riley Crystal Lamps Compared in my Master Bedroom: If you view the slide show, it will show partial titles. If you go back to view the pictures, they have long titles and detailed descriptions.

I have little shades on the lamps from the Hannah smaller lamp set to see if smaller identical shades would look better next to my bed on bigger lamps. I tried various combinations of lamps and shades. It you feel a different size shape will go better with both lamps, please let me know. Which two lamps do you like or should I keep looking?

I also tried the Kara Shade on the Madie Lamp.

Thank you! Don't forget there are two pages of Pictures. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Madie & Kara & Carmela & Hannah & Riley Crystal Lamps Compared in my Master Bedroom.

Comments (32)

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

P.S.

Based on something Squirrel said in one of the last posts, maybe I will like the way the small EBay lamps look on my double dresser or my bigger bed side table. I have 60 days to return the Fortunoff lamps but prefer to return any I am sure I am not keeping in the next two days to get them off my credit card. So please whenever anyone has time, can you look again.

I take all advice in and think about it. For instance, Les made me see that I needed to plug the lamp next to my bed into a different outlet than the switch on the wall.

Many of you made me see, crystal lamps would give me the lighter look I was trying to achieve.

Many of you were right that my bedroom needed silk flowers so I added those. Patricia43 helped me pick these out on EBay.

I may need less angled shades near my bed like Squirrel suggests but first I want to pick out the lamps.

I really wish I bought the matching Durham Headboard and the other big junior chest bed side table rather than the chest of drawers since I am having now so many lamp problems in getting lamps to look right. But then again, I love having all the drawer space and my bedroom does look unique. I do LOVE my Durham Royal Cottage Armoire so much. I never had an Armoire Before. I also love all the pieces of furniture I have and the fact it is solid maple wood. I love my new bedding from JCPenney. I feel I need sheers still.

Any comments?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Former Post

• les917
    16 years ago

I like the idea of ONE crystal lamp in the room, but not all of them in crystal. I would do the Madie on the small iron table.

I would look for something else to use on both the small chest to the left of the bed, and on the dresser. I would make that the same lamp, one of each on each piece. Put one on the jr. chest, but all the way to the left, not next to the bed. Put the other one on the left side of the dresser. This lamp might work:

Possini ivory marble urn table lamp

• allison0704
    16 years ago

I like the lamp placements and shades in Picture #5. I would not change the shade that came with the lamp; when you did that, the shade was too small.

You don't need two crystal lamps on the bedside tables and tow more on the dresser. That's too much for one room. I would use two next to the bed and put one like Les suggested on your dresser.

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Sorry - that should read Picture #15. (It's early!)

• patricianat
    16 years ago

I agree with both Allison & Les. Lynn, your room is really looking good. I am so happy that you got it like you wanted it, because you did a great job!

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Les, Allison & Patricia, I am glad all of you like the Maddie lamps also. I like the curves on it.

Les, I love that Ivory lamp so much but it is too tall for my junior chest and it would be 63" high which would be 3" above my headboard's posts. I just looking for lamps not taller than my headboard but if it was smaller, it is perfect. But that is a good idea. Thank you for always giving me your opinion that I value.

Allison, I also like #15 the best out of the set ups and love both lamps since they are the ones I wanted at first but were both out of stock in the store and had to be ordered. I just still wish the Maddie lamp was about 1.25" shorter. The height difference right now is 2.625". I love the Kara lamp.

Thank you Patricia for letting me know you like how my bedroom is coming along and that means a lot to me.

• les917
    16 years ago

Lynn, the height of the lamp I showed you shouldn't matter if you use it on the left end of the junior chest, not next to the bed. You need to put some light down into that corner of the room, and a taller lamp down there will fill the space nicely.

Is there any reason you need lamps on both sides of the bed? If you do, then I would advise getting two of the same lamps. You already have two different pieces of furniture there and then adding two different lamps will only make things feel kind of jumbled.

Truthfully, what I would do is get a swing-arm, plug-in wall mount lamp for the side of the bed with the iron table. It will give you room on that small table and not make it look crowded. You don't need anyone to install anything, you just need to put screws in the wall to hang the lamp. Buy a matching cord cover (also simple to put up). Then you can hang that lamp so that it will reach the same top of the shade height as whatever lamp you use on the left side of the junior chest, if matching the heights is an issue for you.

I think something like this one would be perfect:

chateau de versailles lamp

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Lynn, the lamps don't have to be the same height. Just close enough so that they look good together, which those two do.

I'll have to disagree about needing to use a pair of lamps - you already have several pieces of furniture from a "set." Throwing in different items and not pairs of things gives the room more personality. If you have all matching furniture and pairs of things, the room won't be as interesting. It would look like a furniture store.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Les, Thank you for the link to those lamps which I fell in love with also a few months ago and ordered from JCPenney. It is amazing you would choose the same ones I chose since I just love the lamp shades so much and the color of them in the picture which is perfect.

The lamps had arrived damaged and I had to return them. When they were here, I found out the distressed white was chipped to all gray and black and not like that picture and I did not like how they looked against my headboard making my rustic ivory headboard look like I should have went with a headboard all ivory with no rustic on it. Also I learned I like more than a 60 watt bulb in my night table in case I am reading for awhile before bed and lately I need a lot of light since I turned 45. That is one reason I loved the brass lamps since their light bulbs on the sides with the bigger shades actually gave more light on my bed than the crystal lamps despite the crystal lamps having 150 maximum wattage while the brass lamps had 120 wattage. Nicole has these wall adorable shabby chic lamps in her Master Bedroom and they look wonderful there which is what gave me the idea. It must be like a headboard I saw at fortunoff that had two on the floor with one much more heavily distressed that the color was so dark and the other one with light distressing. I love lightly distressed and wish I went with the cottage white color that had some distressing on it for my headboard. I love my Rustic Ivory headboard but I wish there was less of the highlighted distressing so more of the lighter ivory would be showing that amazingly matches the Durham Furniture perfectly. The sample I was shown had much less rustic to it and that is what I thought mine would look like.

Les, you are such a good person and can only give advice from seeing pictures since I am in the room and at night, yes a big lamp on the other side of the bigger bedside table (the junior chest Durham calls it) would give me light but I do my laundry in my bedroom and fold the clothes on the bed so I like lamps around the bed to see everything well and also like a lamp close to the bed in case I meet Mr. wonderful one day and he would like to read in bed also. But I do love that ivory lamp you chose with such a great price.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

allison, thanks for letting me know my lamp heights do not have to be exactly the same. I guess I grew up where each bed had matching bedside tables and matching lamps so this is all new to me and when I moved into my home the movers had dropped my matching lamp and I was so upset since I loved the ivory and gold lamps. I gave the one I had (that matched nothing in my bedroom since I decided to go with the crystal and chrome lamps) to my friend Annette and she loves it.

I am thinking of buying a distressed white curtain rod and adding sheers. I have various sheer panels here that I bought last week to play around with what would work best in my Master Bedroom.

I am finding out that each manufacture's cream or eggshell or white is a different shade. I also have some lace panels that are pretty (I bought one cream and one white at JCPenney but I think I may return them. Their pattern is not as pretty as the country curtain's samples the sent to me) but I am not sure about them since I have such a busy headboard that stands on its own. :) I still would like to see the natural color of the Country Curtains sheers since the eggshell of Lowes and LNT seems to have a greenish tinge to the cream sheer panels and JCPenney's champagne color is too dark, their cream is too yellow and clashes with the shade of yellow on my walls, their Antique Ivory color is nice but the macramvery wide lace in the middle of those sheers is distracting to me having too much since there are three windows in a row. The white is so bright and may stand out too much? I would put the sheers on shabby chic curtain rings and move them back and forth around the windows to add a softness. I also have been toying with the idea of skipping that idea and going with a panel on each side of the window in a lacey white sheer on a decorative rod to balance the white on the door. What do you think?

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

My choices from your album: photo #s 2, 5, and 14--and I love the close-up of the lamp in #10.

I do agree that not all the lamps in the room should be crystal, however. Have you thought perhaps of one in ceramic or porcelain, or even antique brass?

As for the window treatment: either of your choices seems fine to me. :)

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

Maybe something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Porcelain Lamp

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

Oh, and here are some beaded replacement lamp shades for your ebay crystal lamps (last set listed on page)?

Here is a link that might be useful: Beaded lamp shades

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Organic to the link giving me another idea of a lamp like Les did. I really do appreciate this. It is pretty but very short and with only 60 watts so it could only go on my double dresser.

I love #5 also in the way the two 22" high Hannah lamps look so great on my double dresser with my new EBay silk flowers on it. I am still waiting to see if the 10.5" (5" lamp shades so they are probably about 13.5" high) crystal EBay lamps will look better here or in my spare bedroom.

#14 is the same as #15 (that Allison and Patricia voted for) with the difference that I raised the 28.5" high Kara (on the 27.5" high iron table) to be closer to the height of the 26.25" high Madie crystal lamp on the 32.5" junior chest. I found out if I use 3 Video tape holders, they are the same height but the Kara looks too tall due to where I stand in my bedroom when I walk in. I like this slight height difference that ends up looking the same but of course I do not like the looks of the VCR tape holders that are also not sturdy enough to hold the lamp upwards for long-term use. I would have to find a pretty stand not much bigger than the 5.5" base if I do this to not take up much room on my table.

I love #10 also which is the Madie in the pictures #14 & #15 with the smaller 8.25" Hannah clip-on Lamp shade. It was an idea I had in making the Madie lamp shorter by taking the piping off and finding a smaller lamp shade maybe 9". The lamp shade the Maddie comes with is 10" in height and the top is bigger in diameter than I like with a clip on that raises the shade upwards. I love the curvy shape of the Maddie in person and the Madie and the Kara were the lamps I wanted but they were not in stock so I bought the others home to see if I liked crystal lamps in my bedroom before putting in an order to wait for the other two lamps.

I mismarked #2 (so I will go back to edit the picture), that was the Riley on the left side with the Kara on the right table. From the picture they look great since I put the smaller clip shades on them both. It looks like you like the smaller lamps shades like I do but I find the 8.25" ones a tad too small and the shades the lamps came with a tad too big. Maybe if I decide to go with the Madie and Kara, I will find two lamps shades in between what they came with and the size of the smaller lamps shades that came with the Hannah 22" lamps.

I wish there was some way to raise the Kara up by that little bit of height with a sturdy nonslip pretty stand that is not much bigger than the lamp, then I would be happy. I know they do not have to be the same height but my eyes like it that way. :)

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Sorry, Lynn, I can't follow all this :) but, how much do you need to raise the one lamp to be the same as the other (of your two favorites)?

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Organic, I made a mistake. I did NOT mislable #2! I just enlarged the picture and the lamp on the left is the Madie that changes its looks depending on where you are standing in my bedroom. So you seem to like both the Madie and the Kara with smaller lamps shades. I love these two lamps also and still wonder if I could get a clip on shade for the Madie lamp to make it a little smaller so to my eyes the height difference is better. I love the shade that is a circle that goes on top of the metal rim before putting the bulb in an works without the tall piping and pretty crystal on top that adds to the height of the lamp.

I think I need only a 1.25" height difference adjustment since 1" difference makes them look the same size as long as the table on the bigger lamp is higher up.

I checked out those cute lamps shades and since the height is on the last number shown, they are all too big with the top gold one at 6.5" only .5" too big. But the eggshell lamp shades may look nice on my crystal lamps if I do not find cute shapes like the smaller lamp shades with the diameter of the top much smaller than the diameter of the bottom. Thank you Organic.

Also, Happy New Years.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The exact difference per calculation is 2.75" but per my tape measure was 2.625" so the measurements are within 1/8th of an inch due to rounding.

There is a 5" difference in height between the two bedside tables (32.5" high is the junior dresser while the iron table is only 27.5" high) and there is a 2.25" difference in the height of the Madie (26.25" high including the crystal finial on top) and the Kara (28.5" high includes the crystal finial on top) so 5" Less 2.25" = 2.75".

When I measured from the floor to the top of each finial I got a 2.625" difference which is 1/8th less than the 2.75" probably due to rounding of the lamps heights in the calculations or the rug pushing the tables closer to the ground?

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

I'd go by the top of the shade, since that's what meets the eye.

I'm thinking maybe you could have a piece of thick glass cut a bit larger than the base of the lamp, so it would look like an additional moulding detail and add to the height of the base. A coaster so to speak :) So the lamp could rest on that and be raised so the shades appear to be about the same. (I'd put one of those affixer thingies so it doesn't slide off, or whatever would be appropriate, a glass shop should know. I've seen little sticky round things for glass tabletops that keeps them from sliding off their supports).

It looks like you could get a piece of round glass made for the top of that table, maybe extending the surface a couple inches around. ?

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I like that idea of glass cut to fit the top of the iron table! What a clever idea! I can get thick glass so the lamp on that table is a little bit higher up! I can't have it too much bigger than the table since I need room to feel comfortable opening and closing my chest of drawers that is very close to it but it will make the table higher up and maybe I can have the glass cut to make the table 19" in diameter rather than 18".

Thank you Squirrel! How clever.

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Lynn, be sure and get safety glass. Warning: the thicker it is, the more green it will appear. If you can't find the size you want, you can have a piece cut at a glass shop. It's fairly inexpensive.

Why don't you try putting away the tape measure until it's time to hang pictures? Go with what looks good to your eye!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

You might also look around for a nice tole tray for your side table top or one for tabletop somewhere or even to hang. The come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, old or new.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

You might also have a piece of wood cut and mosaic the top with beautiful beach glass or mosaic tile pieces. They come in such a variety of shades and types, even irredescent and glass. If it's an irregular surface, you could put a thinner piece of glass over the top.

You could also decoupage a wood top piece :)

Here are some mosaic tile examples on ebay.

example

example

example

example

example

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just looked at the picture I printed of the Grand Bedroom (the gold/yellow monochromatic bedroom on BH&G.com) due to liking this room a lot and noticing it had two different beautiful unique lamps with slightly different in heights to top of each shade and not identical. I just measured them with my tape measuring and they look the same in height but they are not (only slightly different with one a tad bit higher so they are close in height but not identical from the floor to the top of the shades) despite putting the smaller lamp on the taller dresser (that looks about the size of my junior chest to the left of my bed) on the right of the bed and placing the taller lamp on the smaller and shorter bedside table. The room is very interesting and pretty and the lamps look nice there and their shades are even slightly different shapes.

I think in the picture the drapes trick the eyes and the picture in the middle of the bed and the fact the lamps shades are both big and the lamps are both substantial and both have the brass theme going on despite one being ivory and brass with a bell shape lamps shade and the other being crystal and brass with more of a traditional lamp shade.

I have been looking at other lamps I could like to make the top of the shades the same height and even looked into getting walls lamps, but I really love both of these lamps and liked them the moment I saw them at Fortunoff since each one is so pretty on its own and look nice together making the bedroom interesting. I just could not bring them home the day I saw them since neither one was in stock. I like how the Madie changes its look depending on where I am standing in the room. But if I keep this lamp I have to order a new one and exchange it since it has a electrical switch problem with the 3-way switch not always working and it had been opened by someone else and returned before me.

I love the crystal cut on the lamp with the balls (one my iron table) with different crystal cuts to each crystal ball and the silver pole in the middle of the lamp's stem is not seen much in person due to this. I would hate to return two lamps I really like and got great prices on them and they are definitely quality (but both are heavy) when you feel them and see them in person and not cheap lamps despite getting 65% off at Fortunoff and finding out this is true when I look at other online sites that sell both of these lamps under different names.

You can use the arrows to see both sides of the room and even zoom in on this picture.

I found this picture before the yellow room thread was posted yesterday and was sharing it with two friends about how I found the room interesting and not looking out of place giving me ideas that as long as my lamps are pleasing to my eyes maybe I can use small mirrors above or two small pictures above at the same level to trick my eyes.

But for my bedroom I still may want to lift the lamp closer to me up by about 1.5" inches so it is only 1.25" off rather than 2.75" off since it is noticeable if standing directly in front of the bed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grand Bedroom with two different lamps slightly different in height to top of each shade

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Allison, You are so right that the thicker the glass the more green it is. I just checked my family room glass tables and the glass is so green on the edges and is heavy despite being only slightly thicker than 1/8th in diameter. I would need 2.75" in glass to make the lamps identical or at least half this much in depth to trick my eye and I am not sure my little iron table (thin iron) at 18" in diameter on the top and only 27.5" high can handle such a heavy thick glass and the heavy lamp on top despite the great idea. Plus I do not think I would like to walk in my room and see the same green edges that would stand out like I at first disliked on the glass tables in my family room. I was thinking a light weight clear glass on top but I guess that does not exist. :)

I would like to raise the lamp on the little table by something that will not be much bigger than the slim 5.5" base it has.

Or maybe you are right for me to put some wall decorations around it to trick the eye. Or then again, pick my favorite lamps out of the two and put it on the corner of the junior dresser near the windows and return the other one and get two white wall lamps with wattage at 150 with a three way switch. I just like how the two crystal lamps look around the bed.

I wish I bought the little square iron table that was 24" in diameter instead that was so adorable with the glass top but then I thought I was going with the bigger Stanley Chest of Drawers that could not handle a bigger bedside table.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Squirrel for thinking of me with these pretty finds of yours. I like the idea of the tray but I think if I use a tray on my dresser, I want it to be a mirror tray or a shabby chic cottage white or something like that. Once I put my pillows on the beds and add a picture on each side of the bed, some accessories for the top of my chest of drawers, another vase of flowers, and sheer panels, I think I will have my peaceful bedroom.

My life is so stressful and my home office is where I seem to live all day so I want to be able to come into my peaceful bedroom where my busy headboard is busy enough for the room right now so I want the rest of the room to feel a quiet feeling. But I think maybe some pastels in pictures would be nice for a touch of color.

That is why when I fell in love with the comforter with the pretty flowers, I loved it in the store but not on my bed. I think I just need to walk into my bedroom and feel a sense of peace that I am not feeling in my life right now.

But thank you for thinking of me and who knows maybe I will change my mind when I get through this stressful month of January and I will look back at this thread and be ready to jump in with more color.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Lynn, check out Rachel Ashwell's site. There aren't all that many pics, but there are some br pics that show how she has used a high piece of furniture on one side and low on the other. Not even lamps on both sides in some of them.

I wonder if you like a very organized, tailored look for yourself, though, even though many of the inspiration pics you love are quite relaxed and asymmetrical.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Squirrel, I just checked out Rachel Ashwell's site and you are so right that the furniture is not symmetrical but she makes it work by accessories or putting a tiny lamp on a tiny low table and a tiny lamp the same size on a very tall chest of drawers. She makes a tall lamp work by putting flowers on the chest of drawers in another picture so the height of the lamp shade is the same as the top of the flowers. She makes her pictures pretty and eye pleasing.

But some of the pictures like a white beautiful shabby chic bed with a tiny table and very tiny adorable crystal lamp more to the left of the table is pretty but not practical for me since I like to read in bed and need light for my bedroom.

I really am liking how my bedroom is coming along thanks to all of you helping me make my vision come to life. I also like seeing how my room is my own unique style slowly forming and pleasing to my eyes. I like symmetry but I find I also like unique and not totally the same to give a room interest and character. When I make my bed with pillows I love it so much and will post a picture of that when I have time.

I love the iron bed on her home page better than mine. I love the antique white color lightly distressed with chippy paint and slightly curvy on top. I just could not find one like it when I was in a rush to add the iron bed and table or I would have to pay a big shipping charge when I was buying the Stanley Furniture.

But my room is coming along nicely and I am so happy when I walk into my peaceful room and the lamp differences in height are starting to not bother me. I actually like having two different lamps for interest that have the crystal and chrome theme in common.

My friend is stopping by soon for dinner and to wish me a Happy New Year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

P.S. I think I am liking my own style of Shabby Chic called the Lynn's Modern and practical version of Shabby Chic. :) I love the shades of Ivory with a few touches of soft color I may add in some picures but for now I think when my bedding is made, I have a lot of texture and different shades of ivory, cream, off-white, antique white, linen and white to make the room have interest.

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

2 Wall Lamps with 1 Crystal Lamp on big table only OR Raise Lamp Shade Up by changing the HARP?

Textured White Plug-in Swing Arm Wall Lamp Base that has a 150 watt 3-way switch may be nice for around my bed and then I can put my crystal lamp in the far corner near the windows on my junior chest like Les suggested. My only fear is they will be heavy and fall off the wall and not give me a peaceful sleep worrying since I have had shelves fall off the wall that my two friends helped me install.

My other option I have decided is I can raise the lamp shade by changing the Harp since the Kara crystal ball lamp on my iron table has just about none of the silver stem showing that leads up to the light bulb while the other lamps in my room have 1 inch showing. My current harp (where the shade is put on before the finial is attached on top of the shade)is 8". I can buy a 9" or a 10" harp and then there will be less difference in height between the two lamps since there is only 2.75" inches difference between them.

I like them the way they are now since I actually like having two style lamps I am finding out that have the same crystal, chrome & white shade theme going on but different looks otherwise. But I know I would like the look better if the lamp shades were similar heights. I love the light they provide in my bedroom (I have no overhead lighting and I do laundry at night and fold my clothes on my bed) and since the Kara's base is only 5.5", I have enough room on my little table for my tiny alarm clock, box of tissues and my water. The space below houses my white telephone and I am comfortable this way.

What is everyone's vote?

Should I order online and hope I like the swing arm wall lamps (never had one before) and do not have to return the pretty Textured White Plus-In Swing Arm Wall Lamps if they come damaged or I do not like them for some reason OR should I keep what I have and raise one of the lamps shades a little bit OR keep what I have and leave the height difference?

After watching the HGTV Sweepstakes Home Tour tonight, I like the look of my serene Master Bedroom much better and I am happy how it is slowly evolving. I lived with vibrant colors for too long and this is my year for peace and serenity. I will leave some bright color accents for my downstairs rooms. For instance I have bright cherry red pots and a teapot that I love for my kitchen.

Thank you everyone. I was going to put this as a new post for voting but I decided not to. If anyone thinks I should, please let me know.

Remember I am choosing Picture#14 with the Madie on the left Junior Chest and the Kara on the right Iron table.

If Squirrel has any time or someone with paint shop skills to add the wall lamps beside my bed to see if I would like the look since I love the crystal look beside my bed but the idea came to me again today when my friend told me he would install them if I really wanted them when before he told me NO. I would then just keep one of the two Crystal lamps to put to the far left on the junior chest to add light to my bedroom.

Here is the link to the Harp:
    http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(pjrujq45s3c5g045l0ytd4yx)/productDetails.aspx?SKU=3229473

Here is a link that might be useful: Textured White Plug-in Swing Arm Wall Lamp Base

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

Lynn, I like the shape of the Madie.

I think the bedding is the Evangaline, which is really cute. I went to Penney's and found Emma table lamp which would look cute with the room, breaking up the white. It's only 12" high, but if you like the style I can see about finding something similar. I also found Chandelier Table Lamp which would give a nice touch with the 3 shades. They would look cute with the lamps you bought on ebay. What color is the wall paint?

How do you feel about adding some color? Not sure if you've come across this site for lamps. They're really cute, with soft color.

Also check out this site she has a few pieces you might like. Look at the entry marked pair of Vintage table lamps

Here is a link that might be useful: JC Penney - Evangeline Bedding

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Correction Pic #15 is the Picture I like without books under the iron table lamp.

Roselvr, I fell in love with the Madie in the store and had to put an order for it since it was out of stock. They had a prettier shade on it in the store. I love the shape of it also. But I also like the Kara. This one was also on order. If these two lamps were in stock, these two are the ones I would have only brought home that day. The others I love also but I thought these would go best in my bedroom.

I couldn't sleep last night from so much stress and I will answer all the other link questions when I get home. I have to be somewhere and must leave right now.

Thank you roselvr for the links. My bedding (I have the complete set and will make the bed another time for a picture) is from JCPenney. I tried the Evenageline Bedding also but unfortunately the color in person was much darker than the picture and I just preferred the beddding set I got that said dry clean only but I found out it can be machine washed if you take it to the laundrymat since it is cotton and polyester. I will give the link later on and comment on the lamp links.

I am learning a lot about what I like and do not like and how things do not always have to match and be perfect. I woke up looking at my bedroom and loving what I saw.

Everyone have a wonderful morning. I will be back on shortly. :)

Tonight I must be in bed early to unwind and start making my New Year's Resolution of being in bed much earlier a reality. :)

• susanlynn2012
    Original Author
    16 years ago

roselvr, I am back. Thanks for the links of the cute lamps. If this was a guest room, I would consider all of them since they are adorable. But since it is my Master Bedroom without overhead lighting and I like to read in bed, I like the set-up I have now that gives me a lot of light. I also find the crystal lamps beautiful with the white shades making my white door not look out of place and giving me the most light per lamp.

I appreciate you looking for me and finding such cute lamps.

My client is here, I will write more later.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES