SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdodnc

Any reason NOT to use a full height door at the sink?

mdod
14 years ago

I just realized that all my base cabinets will be drawers except for the corner cabinet with full height pie cut doors, the sink base and the trash pullout on the island. Other than changing to drawer bases and adding 12" deep wall cabinets to the backside of the island, the layout will be very similar to my current kitchen:

Now I'm thinking that the sink cabinet may look better with full height doors instead of the doors with false drawer fronts above so it will match the corner cabinet when you look into the kitchen.

I'd lose the tilt-out thingies but I could always rig something up to the door if I really wanted. Is it that big a deal for people to not see the underside of the sink? How often are you opening that cabinet when someone is around anyway? I've always thought the false fronts stood out, at least when they don't have any hardware and all the other cabinets and drawers do.

I've already decided that I'm going to use full height doors in the bathrooms. I saw one and liked the way it looked. I also wanted to put a shelf under the sink and the full height door makes it easier to see what's on there.

Comments (8)