SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkinsey

Island not centered in room? Different aisle widths ok?

bkinsey
13 years ago

Ok, I am going to try to describe this to the best of my ability, hopefully someone will be able to assist me. I have a U shaped kitchen that is 15ft 7 inches wide and 17 feet 3 inches long, the original plan was to have a 7 ft by 4 ft island in the center of the room with 47 inch aisles on all sides and seating for two on the end...well the more I look at islands I have problems finding pics of islands that having seating on the end in contrast to seating down the side, and I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to have seating down the 7 ft side by shortening aisle widths or even adjusting the width of the island.

I am going to attach a sketch which is difficult to see dimensions on but can at least give you an idea of the space

">

The area to the left is the kitchen which opens up to the eat in section on the right. Against the far right wall is the sink, on the upper wall is the cooktop and fridge and on the bottom wall is the double ovens. I was thinking of narrowing the aisle on the side of the cooktop and putting seating in the aisle with the double ovens.

I'm sure it would be helpful for me to do a new sketch of the space and I am going to do that but just wanted to get some opinions first :)

Thanks so much!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm