SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseygirl_1_gw

Please introduce yourself Part 2

jerseygirl_1
16 years ago

I had to continue this thread as part 2 since part 1 took so look to bring up on the computer.

I must be on a roll today now that I figured out how to post pictures.

Well here I go. I've been using the Garden Web for over a year now since we put a deposit on our new TH. I started with the appliance forum, then the kitchen forum. Mostly lurking and learning. The deocrating forum is addicting. The introduce yourself thread was a great idea. It's so nice to put faces with names. There is so much knowledge and experience on this forum.

My name is Rande. I am in medical sales and currently unemployed. Hopefully, that will end next month. I live in Mount Laurel, NJ which is about 30 minutes from Philadelphia and 1 hr from Atlantic City. I grew up in Philly. 55 years old and single. I've always surrounded myself with activities such as skiing, the gym, college courses, lots of friends. and just about anything I enjoy. Then I met Steve. Who came with 3 daughters, 4 grandchildren. So, now I am a Step Mom-Mom. He also came with 2 parrots, Socrates and Becky Jo. Along with my 2 cats we have quite a nice environment.

We are not married but I'm not wanting kids soooo. We bought a new townhome together.

I have always had a nack for decorating. I bought a McCoy vase for 50 cents at the age of 19, painted our apt when I was 15. Repainted my BR furniture as a teenager at least 3 times. My friends often call me up for ideas and advice. I am very eclectic by nature and can make just about anything work (within reason).

Here is Steve and I.

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

Samantha the Princess

My guy Zack.

Comments (27)

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh my goodness, Jerseygirl. Your Zack looks almost identical to our "Howard" who we had for 10 years. DH got him for me as a gift just before we married. He was sooooo cute. He even had the little goatee (sp?) that Zack has. Howard had black paws though, and was a bit heftier. He disappeared one day after 10 years. Our CA home is rural with coyotes and vast expanses. I know he died, either from an accident or an illness. He would not have run away. :o(

Anyway, seeing Zack made me smile. He's adorable. :o)

It's nice to "meet" you. :o)

• jerseygirl_1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Totallyblessed,

I believe Zack thinks he is my son. He really is a cool one and very affectionate. He's like Dennis the Menace.

I am glad he made you smile. He makes me smile all the time.

• Related Discussions

Show Yourself.. page 2..

Q

Comments (73)
    Yes, I do think my daughter is mulling over the idea of NP , as you mentioned. Plus, she has been around sev. when taking grandson for Dr. appointments. The NP, sees grandson sometimes. I kinda think, my daughter looks up to the NP. They seem to do a lot of talking - I've noticed. So, I guess we will see. If she stays, where she's at - I think she will be happy. She already has a job and seems to have a nice friendship with her boss at the hospital. I really, like the hospital she has chosen to work at. She has been really lucky, so far. She is a really smart girl and has always surprised us. We have come, to always expect huge success from her. She is the best child -I could have ever hoped for. Always exceding my expectations & overcoming any challenge put before her!!! She was the nerd in school and boys were afraid of her smartness, kind of in awe - I guess. lol. Anywho she's the Best! And , okay I am done rambling /bragging for now. So sultry, goodluck with the law thing - sounds like the perfect combo! You can heal someone or ? No, I won't say it! thanks - tina_2
    ...See More

Introduce yourself

Q

Comments (45)
    Hi, Kathy! What a good idea, to have everyone introduce themselves! It was so nice to meet you! Everyone at the garden club party last week commented on the wonderful concrete leaves you gave me! I live in Joplin, in the midst of an acre of woodsy garden, in a stone cottage that was built in the l950s. I am an artist, and I worked at a local garden center for many years. (Still do, part time, in fact.) After that, I owned Isadora's Wonderful Things bead store in Joplin before I retired 4 years ago. My husband, Jim and I have an extensive garden of perennials, trees and shrubs. Hostas are our current passion and we have some 500+ in our woodland garden. You can come and visit at my blog, below. And if you are in Joplin, please feel free to come by for a visit and a tour of the garden. We love to share it! Nice to meet you all! Sandy Here is a link that might be useful: Welcome to Chaos
    ...See More

update: 2nd annual fotess yard sale! part 2

Q

Comments (150)
    Here's an update from me! 1.Bulbous Bonanza Iris-Candy Apple and Daylily Avis Jean - JAYEANNE - shipped today 2. Naturally Native - Spicebush, Black Cohosh and Virgin's Bower seedlings - PEGGY - waiting for cooler temps 3. 6 issues of Better Homes and Gardens magazine - VINA - shipped today Shirley, I think your bird is a Yellowlegs, and I lean towards the Lesser Yellowlegs. Love the photo of your daughters, Heidi! Shirley, I received your magazines today! Yay!! I did not receive your email. BOO!!! I am jealous of the Giant Swallowtails gracing the gardens of Shirley and Ruth! That's so exciting.
    ...See More

update: ghouls just wanna have fun - 2nd edition - part 2

Q

Comments (47)
    Proudgm, you can save any pics to there, if it's in PB already then there is a link that says "copy to my album" and it will put it there. As far as other sites, I know there is a way to upload them to PB from your album, I think you would just put the web address in it, I've never done it before. Also as Tracy pointed out above: Vic, one thing I would like to add about setting up your own photobucket account is that you can create your own folders for it too. I have several different sub albums in my account for family pics, garden shots, then sub albums for each of my individual gardens, clematis, lilies, daylilies and then keep a separate album for all web art I find that I want to use again or edit/personalize. I like keeping them separated so if I do a search I can find what I'm looking for pretty quickly. It is a pretty neat site and they just recently expanded some of their editing tools so you can add comments and funny designs to the pictures too. I've started part 3 so we don't have to wear our mouses out scrolling the page : )
    ...See More
  • User
    16 years ago

Well I guess I should take a minute to introduce myself too.
    Found this web site sometime over the summer...? Originally was looking for information on kitchen countertops. Then discovered there's so much more to dig through.

My name's Alisha. 24 years old. Live out in the country in Pennsylvania. Got married to my wonderful Hubby back in June. We're currently building a house and I'm sooo excited. Hopefully it will be done by the end of January. I have my cosmetology license, worked in a salon for almost 2 years when I took a careen turn for different reasons and currently work as an admin. assistant for a commercial/industrial construction company. Been here 4 years and still love it. Still do hair and nails. Hoping to have two kids in the future and open a salon up at the house.

We have two cats: Mossimo and Sylvester, and two dogs: Jady and Baloo.

Interesting tid bit about the screen name. When I was wee little, if you would ask me what my name was I would respond with Sheesha Ree instead of Alisha Marie. (couldn't say it) Some family and close friends still call me that!! :)

Glad I found this site and hopefully will soon have high speed internet so I can participate in these forums more from home!

I don't know how to post pics right on the screen but the link below has pic of me and the husband and the kitties. don't have an pics of the dogs on my computer right now... If someone could shed some light on the pic thing I would appreciate it!

Jerseygirl your cats are adorable!!

Here is a link that might be useful: US

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

sheesharee, gorgeous wedding photo! Have you checked out the Building a Home Forum? Lots of folks over there (and on Decorating) were a lifesaver for me when we were building. Welcome and good luck with the house!

jerseygirl...adorable fur pals!

Here is a link that might be useful: Building a Home Forum

• kats
    16 years ago

Sheesharee,

I echo Lindybarts advise on the home building forum. Lindy and I were building at the same time (she has an amazing kitchen!!)
    Side note... How ya doing Lindy?....settled now??? :)
    Anyway, lots of great advice over there. Building can be stressful at times and everyone there is going through the same thing so there is great support.

As far as me....I'm married 38 years this month. Have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. We built a home in SoCal. It took us a year to buy the property (owner listed and pulled it off the market 3x's) and another 38 months to plan and build it. We're in (HooRay) and I am hoping to "pick" everyone's brains here to help me make this amazing house into an amazing home.

Kats

• User
    16 years ago

Lindybarts - thanks for the compliment!

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check out the building forum. I know i said this already but i'm really glad i found this site!

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Hey Kats! I'm pretty settled but the decorating came to a screeching halt until my bank account recovers. I'm sure you know what I mean...LOL! And you don't need any decorating help...your house is already an amazing home! ;c) Married 38 years...Wow! That's awesome!Smooches!

Lindy

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Hey everyone! My name is Allison and I don't gamble - some think my moniker is "All is On 07 04." lol It's actually my birthday. I can decorate but I'm not creative when it comes to monikers! I've been posting on GW since Feb '04...finding it when searching appliance during our build. I will add I get frustrated with GW at times and left recently, only to return. I need to stay on the Discussion side! lol

I've met a bunch of wonderful folks over in BAH (here too!) and have met a dozen of them in person. It's nice to have friends all over the U.S.

I've been married to a wonderful (no, really!) man for what seems like always - 26 years the 26th of December. We have three grown children: For the past four years DD1/24 has lived/attended college and is now working in San Francisco. DS/22 has been attending college in Chicago for 3.5yrs and will graduate next spring with a double major, only to start attending DePaul for his MBA. DD2/almost 20 moved into her townhome about a year ago, here in AL. She is studying to be a vet tech, which is great area for her - she just adopted two kittens to add to her three dogs. It's nice to have such great cities to visit but I'm glad one has stayed close! She may be moving to Atlanta next summer so I shouldn't be talking so soon.

My DH and I have been running my family's commercial real estate business for the last 15yrs. It's nice to be able to do paperwork while at home....in my pajamas...while reading GW threads, of course.

We live on a lakeside 4.5 acre lot with our four cats and three dogs. We enjoy taking out the canoe, hiking, walking the neighborhood, gardening, antique hunting, traveling (although I'm really a homebody) and movies. We absolutely love our new home and the surroundings. It's like being on vacation every day. The great room is getting close to being finished after 27mths (see TV Screen thread). I've always enjoyed "the hunt" but it's been nice bringing our things into a new place and finding the perfect place for them here.

Below is a Shutterfly link of our pets and a few of the house. It's nice to "hear" about everyone and put faces with names!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Allison, I enjoyed viewing your pets. I am a pet person also and I really wish I could adopt a kitten or a cat that likes dogs but I have clients that visit and I fear they will be allergic to dogs.

I especially love Boomer your orange tabby who reminds me of my Sandy that was a pet of mine when I was a child. He was a male sandy tabby (orange toward the sandy side) and was on the small size. I had kittens as pets when I was younger and I sure miss their purring and silky hair.

I always love your posts and your decorating style. You just have good taste and have a knack of knowing what goes with what and the placement of furniture. I love your home.

I have four little dogs (three are Maltese and one is a Shih Tzu.... chose these breeds since they don't shed and I thought they would not bother the allergies of any clients that may be allergic to dogs) that I adore and each has a story of how they came to live with me. I only wanted one pet as a family member but I am happy with my furbaby family and each one is so special to me. I wish I had someone special in my life like you and a family but since I don't (I have tried and then gave up but maybe I will try again), my little dogs have become the family I have needed for awhile.

I moved into my first home 10 years ago and I only started decorating it for 2 years now. I had furnished the family room but never completed it and never did much about the other rooms other than a pretty kitchen table until I found this site. I found this great decorating site when I was wanting to paint my townhouse and did not know anything about color.

I have learned I love color on the walls in other homes but I need neutral colors on the walls on my home to feel at peace. Before I moved into my home, I loved bright vibrant colors around me and now I prefer soft muted colors around me but still love bright color clothes and accessories like a bright red tea pot as well as neutral clothes. I used to have a bedroom that had a bright purple comforter, sheets and pillow cases but now my bedroom is cream and ivory.

By the way, I am age 45 and I live in NJ. My name is Susan Lynn but I enjoy being called Lynn on this site that I joined in January 2006. I am a self-employed CPA that used to work too many hours but since my car accident I realize how much I am missing in life and need to have more of a balance.

I am a little scared posting pics of myself and I know others have and others have just posted of their doggies and cats and their homes. But I wanted to share since I feel that all of you have been so helpful teaching me so much about decorating and sharing your homes with me.

I am posting to a link so I can always delete myself out of the pics shown or delete the link if I there is any problems from giving out so much information. Also I do not know how to post a picture within a post. I have not posted where I live in my state or my last name or pictures of the outside of my home so I hope I am safe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of Susan Lynn & her 4

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Randy, you and Steve look so happy together. I also love your cats. I really want to adopt a kitten or dog friendly cat one day. I used to live near Mount Laurel when I was in high school. I went to three high schools but 2nd high school was near Mt. Laurel, NJ. I no longer live in that area anymore but it was pretty. Any pics of the Parrot and what is his or her name?

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Alisha, I love your beautiful wedding picture with your husband. Your cats are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

• jerseygirl_1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alisha,
    You and your husband make a handsome couple. Looks like Sylvester is king and Mossimo goes with the flow. Their good looking fellows.

Allison, when I am reincarnated I want to come back as one of your pets and live in your great house. You have such great decorating talent.

Lynn,
    I love your dogs. They are the breeds I would buy if I were to get one. Malteses are my favorites. I guess I need to get my Socrates and BeckyJo to pose for me tomorrow.

Did you live in Cherry Hill? Do you currently live in Central or Northern NJ?

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago

Well, I should have mentioned that I posted on the previous thread, introducing myself. :o)

Allison~ LOVED seeing more photos of your gorgeous home. I'm serious... I could just move right in and not have to change a thing to be completely comfortable. :o) What time should I arrive? :o) LOL!

Nice to meet more GW's on here. Adorable brides, furbabies, and families. Fun to see the faces/pets behind the screen names.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

jerseygirl_1, I went to Vineland High School, Cherry Hill East and Cherry Hill West. I live in North Jersey now. Thanks for the compliments on my choice of dog. I needed one small to not scare clients that could be scared of dogs and one that did not shed and create allergies for those clients with allergies to pets. I wanted a pet to keep me company and never dreamed I would view my dogs as family members but I do and I love each one so much. So far they are working out fine but I only meant to have one pet but Maltese are like potato chips ...

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Well, I missed out on the other thread, so I guess I'd better join in this one!

My name is Jenn, and I'm a professional writer by trade, but love decorating and crafts. I am absolutely hooked on thrift stores, and have found some pretty exciting things in them over the years-- like marbletop tables, Victorian portrait plates and other goodies.

I've been on Gardenweb for about a year now. (How time flies!) I particularly love Victoriana, and have a small house from 1899, which I obsessively decorate at Christmas.

What a great fluffy cat picture that was in the earlier part of the thread! I am contemplating a cat of my own, but know there's going to have to be a bit of Kitty-proofing first.

I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area. When I'm not working or thrifting or decorating, I'm... er... writing about thrifting and decorating on my blog. Keeps me out of trouble. :)

Nice to meet you all and best wishes to you for the coming year!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My crafting/thrifting/vintage decorating blog

• User
    16 years ago

thrift shop romantic - your house is beautiful! love how you decorated it!!!

It's nice to meet everyone!

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago

lynn said "but maltese are like potato chips".....

LOL at that one! Too funny..... :op

• allison0704
    16 years ago

LOL Lynn - the potato chip remark is funny! Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I have a friend who has always said she wants to come back as one of my pets. They are spoiled beyond. She also has dibs on several rugs! lol

TB, give me the heads up if you ever come this way. We aren't that far from each other and don't you need to hit a few antique stores to fill up your new house? Come on down, and I'll take you around to my favorites....just bring a big SUV!

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

This thread clearly proves that pets are an integral part of making a house a home. :)

Sheesharee-- thanks, that's very kind!

--Jenn

• slahgirl
    16 years ago

Hi guys-
    I have lurked for a long time, but only started posting about 6 months ago. I love to decorate, and have been blessed to work at home for Southern Living at HOME for 7 years, hence the moniker.
    Fantastic hubby of 10 years and I live in the middle of Missouri wine country, with our 4 small children and have already built one house, we are getting ready to build again on our 36 acres but have changed on our mind on an exterior(farm house? Log cabin? Mountain cottage?) so many times the locals think we're(ok, I'm) nuts! I have seriously sent 3 different plans out to bid. I still can't make up my mind.
    I love getting (and stealing!) ideas from you creative girls! We're into college football, great wine and steak, and head to the beach in Southeast Georgia/North Florida a few times a year to get our fix. It is my favorite place in the world, other than home. We also have 2 6 month old Great Pyrnees pups that are now as big as my 7 year old Chocolate Lab!!!

• emcee
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

You don't know me, but I know all of you. I have lurked here for years, and have benefited from all of your posts. I've chosen SW Blonde for my living room only because of all your posts on the Gallery. I'm having some remodeling done in my house and, believe me, many of my decisions have come from this wonderful forum.

I'm 2 years from retirement so I want to have my house updated before that. I'm a widow and my mom, who is 90, lives with me. I work for a school district in Arlington Heights IL in a secretarial position.

I lost my 18 yr old dog last March, but I have these two critters.

Thanks everyone for keeping my house so nice.

Marilyn

This is Emmy Lou
    {{gwi:1898021}}

This is Oscar
    {{gwi:1898022}}

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

emcee, I love Emilee Lou and Oscar. Your two kitty cats are adorable. Yes, I agree with Alison that pets do make a house a home for those of us that are pet lovers.

thriftshop romantic, your home is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

• barbie08075
    16 years ago

Jersey girl,

Do you work out at La fitness in Mt. Laurel? You sort of look familiar.

• levelyn42
    16 years ago

I came across this site by accident three months ago when I was trying to find out how to get rid of crab grass, when I saw this decorating I forgot about the grass and now enjoy this site everyday. So many nice homes and people. We lived in Huntington Beach CA, and in one house for 40 years but when DH retired we moved out of state to be near my son and his family. Miss all the stores and have to go on the internet to look for most things. Our son who has Downs lives with us and he is the yard man which he loves to do except for weeding, also my Mom who is 95 lives with us. I just finished wallpapering a powder room with black and white toile and husband put beadboard on the bottom. I'm still waiting for my lamp I ordered and deciding on a picture to go in there. We bought a 1954 ranch two years ago, so I'm working on redecorating the rooms.
    Evelyn

• lachaud
    16 years ago

I've been lurking on the GW forums long enough to know that you all know what you're talking about! My name is Laura, and my moniker is a combination of my two children's names. It doesn't mean "la chaud," although I kind of like to pronounce it that way.
    Because of this site, I have discovered Farrow and Ball paints. My kitchen is Cooking Apple Green and it's now my favorite room. I continue to frequent this site not only for the great information and photos, but the warmth and friendliness conveyed in the back and forth conversations. No small task indeed! I don't have any photos ~ yet ~ hopefully someday I'll have something to show for my efforts. In the meantime, I really enjoy reading everyone's posts.

• threedgrad
    16 years ago

I am Eileen originally from Chicago area, then in Milwaukee and now in Phoenix. I have 1 Border Collie named Duncan and 7 cats. My kids are grown and with one in New England and on in CA.

I have my degree in architecture and am working two jobs; one at a firm and one in retail sales.

I enjoy decorating, helping people, church, movies, my pets, dancing, music and talking.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

• jerseygirl_1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Barbie,

Yes, I do work out at LA Fitness. Stop by when you see me next. I am not there as often as I should be. Small world isn't it!

Emcee, your cats are so pretty. Zack has green eyes like Emmy Lou.

Thriftshop Romantic, A cat would have a blast in your home. Once you get one, you'll want two. I really enjoyed viewing your finds and wonderful creativity your home displays.