SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamike1

Fisher Paykel dish drawers - ready to send them packing

pamike1
12 years ago

Well here's my problem. Thought I take a chance with the drawers since I love the *idea* of them, and some here have had luck with them more recently despite old complaints I read about. Figuring the problems had been worked out by F/P, I swapped my order at Sears to F/P model DD24DCTX6V2. I had paid for installation from Sears, but when our plumber/electrician said he would install it, I gave him the go-ahead. Since I worked the day he did the install, I could hardly wait until the next day to do a trial run (12min rinse cycle per manual). Much to my dismay, the top drawer wouldn't start - just heard low level beeps, but the bottom drawer worked ok. I called F/P and with their help located an authorized installer/technician. Basically the tech checked all the connections and had me flip the circuit breaker, wait a few minutes. He ran the top and bottom drawers and everything was up and running when he left (on Thursday). The dishwasher sat a few days while gathering dirty dishes and by Sunday I finally had an adequate amount of dishes to do a real load, and *again* same problem (deep breath) - top drawer not starting, but low beeps when hitting start button. I'm starting to second guess my decision to have had my guy install, wondering whether it should not have been hardwired, although my installer said he could put an outlet in but it would be the same power source no matter what, and the installation instructions show optionally hard wiring the product. Looking on the appliance forum I came across a post about F/P being sensitive to power blips (posted problem over there, but not as a separate thread) Tomorrow I have the authorized service technician coming out again to diagnose the problem. Whats a woman to do (I really wanted these to work) but my DH says return dishwasher to Sears and get another model.

Comments (7)