SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love2dance_gw

need countertop help asap

love2dance
13 years ago

I searched the archives but didn't find much on Hanstone quartz counters. I ordered Chroma on Saturday and my stone yard emailed me today to ask if I would consider the Hanstone instead because they have one slab of it instock and would only need to order one more, whereas in the Chroma they would have to order two. I'm only over one slab by a tiny bit, so the rest would become a remnant for them. They are a small family run business, so I understand their reasons. They say they are totally fine with my decision either way and in no way are they pressuring me. The colors are virtually identical in the two lines (Chroma's Clay Pebble vs Hanstone's Tiffany Grey.) My concern is that if the slabs come from different lots, they might be slightly off in color. Is that a valid concern? Also, I don't know anything about Hanstone aside from the few comments I read here and would like some opinions on it from anyone who knows. Templating is Wednesday with install next Tuesday, so I need to decide pretty quickly. Thanks!

Oh--and I checked warranties. Chroma is 15 years and Hanstone 10, but when I read the "fine print" I'd be surprised if anything is actually covered given all the exceptions!

Comments (3)