SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_fisher

Please help! I need countertop paint recommendations ASAP!

Alexandra Fisher
3 years ago

My painter needs to know what color I’m going to paint my countertops ASAP.T the cabinets and backsplash have already been painted Eider White, the walls are Repose Gray and the trim is pure white trim (all 3 are Sherman-Williams). I also ended up being stuck with all black appliance.

I know that painting countertops is probably not terribly “cool” (I’m kind of out of the home decor loop these days) but they are truly ugly and I don’t care about the resale value. I just need to find a color that I like, will match the rest of the kitchen and be done with it. I love press the “easy button“

I‘m going with paint b/c:

1. I’m just about out of time as we are moving in in 2 weeks from now and I really can’t devote anymore time to looking at other options. Between homeschooling the kids (one of whom has Autism), trying to pack, getting our current house ready for sale, etc., time is of the essence (as is my sanity). With a husband that spend more time at work than at home my kiddos (my child that has Autism absolutely cannot be in the house while anyone is actively working on the house), a senile cat and a 50 lb dog. I just need everything to be done and the house empty of other people by our move date.
  2. My budget is at it’s limit and while the kind of paint necessary for painting the countertops is by no means cheap, I can swing it and I can not deal with the idea of living with the countertops as they are. Doing it later is not an option per my child with autism becoming too upset buy having workers in the house and the practical aspect of living in a house that a a more or less inaccessible kitchen.
  3. The painters are already working on the rest of the house so that would save on time and on $ since they are already there. i just need it done before I lose my mind completely.

All of the above to say that, I’m go to paint the countertops and I just don’t know what color I should do that would work with the eider white cabinets and backsplash, repose gray paint on the walls and black appliances.

The Repose Grey is on the left and the Eider white is on the right. The white trim, the Repose Gray tile and the Eider White white tile are all true to colo. The Repose on the wall looks way darker than it does in person.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (34)