SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
callmejane

beadboard....too busy???

10 years ago

Hi all,

I just picked up my vanities (I know its the kitchen forum, but my question is a cabinetry one), and I really really like them. The are build very strong with 3/4" plywood all around, as well as dividers.
I went to Mennonite's to have the work done after seeing a kitchen they did...which was gorgeous and well under priced. I gave the main guy a picture of a vanity that I wanted to have in the master, and we went over the changes I wanted and where I wanted the beadboard. This is a picture of the vanity I gave him.
https://www.houzz.com/photos/tropical-bathroom-tropical-bathroom-hawaii-phvw-vp~65580-Style-tropical-bathroom-hawaii

The only changes we ended up making how to divide up the drawers etc, as I needed a 54" and the vanity pictured is larger. I wanted everything else the same as in beadboard on only 3 things and the rest to be slabs. He ended up making all the drawers with beadboard fronts. I think it looks very busy now and has a different look, more rustic. Does anyone agree? DH thinks its not a big deal and that we got upgraded stuff at no cost. Im willing to compromise, but does beadboard cabinetry have more of a rustic cottage type feel? Do you get that sense from the vanities? Should I have them replace the drawer fronts?
Thanks

Comments (9)