SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovesbirds_2009

Opinions Please on color choices?

lovesbirds_2009
14 years ago

DH and I are updating kitchen. I have another thread out here concerning the layout, but I'm not sure we have many options due to budget and structural constraints. Here's a couple of pictures of the current kitchen without the newly purchased Samsung stainless steel side by side frig we bought (and LOVE). I will try to post picture later (actually I need DH to do as I am definitely challenged).

We've been to a granite yard and liked one called giallo napaleone. We liked that it wasn't too dark (since our kitchen doesn't get a lot of light because of the patio). Plus there wasn't a lot of dramatic movement to it (which although we like ourselves, we have to worry about resale).

(1) We plan to redo the floors and are going to get the largest tile we can find. Since we will keep the white cabinets and the kitchen and breakfast room are next to rooms with medium red oak floors, would it be best to pick a floor tile that is somewhere between the color of the countertops and the wood?

(2) DH wants a farmhouse sink and we will be adding a prep sink to the corner of the island. Since the sink will be white, should the prep sink be the same color and material (fireclay)?

(3) All of the hardware will be replaced -- just not sure if we should do brushed nickel or ORB. All of the pictures I have seen of farmhous sinks show faucets that look vintage (with at least 4 different holes). I had originally wanted a single faucet (just one drilled hole in the granite) but think I can compromise on this. Does the color of the hardware matter as long as it's all the same?

(4) Lastly, since we will no longer have the green striped corian counters, I can paint the kitchen a different color. Any suggestions? (I have been know to obsess over paint and have painted every room in this house -- some several times!)

Thanks,

Kathy

Comments (2)