SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Any Seating Ideas for This Small Corner? Pix

Laurie
11 years ago

One of the remaining things to do in my kitchen is the seating "area". Which is very small and kind of cramped due to two means of egress on each side of it. One to outdoors, the other to the dining room.

The wall length is just over 4'. The side with the patio door isn't the one that opens at least and is I guess about a total of about 6' or so.

The problem of course is the table with chairs, will stick out into the room, and you need to pass by it in order to get out the patio door; which we use all the time. So we need something on the compact side. Since it's only two people in our home, this shouldn't be an issue but we do want it large enough so that we sit at it comfortably.

I currently have an old table there which has turned into a catch-all for paper, and all sorts of junk, including the small tv which I barely watch, surprisingly. I do want to keep it in there, however, and finding something to house it in that corner is kind of necessary.

I happen to have 2 cabinets left over from the renovation. One, is a match to the glass fronted one over my sink but larger. That was due to an error on the part of "someone" who didn't want to fess up and I had to pay for it. The other, is a regular wall cabinet, like any of the others, but larger. Again, a bad measurement by "someone". *sighs*.

If I could use or the other on the wall there, or both that would be fantastic. I could go back to the KD and ask them to create something using those but haven't done it yet due to financial issues. And, I just haven't been motivated because I'm not feeling the whole dining area thing at all.

I can't do any kind of banquette there, or at least don't think so. It seems way too small.

Ok so here's some pix. Got your thinking caps on??? I know I don't!

BTW I'm showing a lot of the same thing because it helps show how small the area is to get outside.

Oh and please ignore the shoddy temporary fabric shade. It used to look much better until one of my contractors tore it recently and we can't find the same ones anywhere :( Obviously, window treatments are on the "to do" list also.

While at it ignore the box too. My cat has a thing about empty boxes. They are ALL OVER THE HOUSE :D

Last one - to show the extra cabinets I have available to use; upper wood fronted and long glass one similar to over the sink but larger.

Comments (18)